Because they use USPS, I will never order oil from Walmart.com again

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
What happened?

I placed an order for two jugs of oil that was to arrive Wed 9.26.18. On that day i was working from home and my office space faces the window where deliveries can be easily seen. For smaller packages, our community provides locked bins at our mailbox site (10 yards from my driveway). But oil delivery is always to-door-service.

That morning i get an email notification that delivery was attempted but the bin is too small to receive pkg and notice left in mailbox. Puzzled , i go outside to retrieve said notice and luckily catch the Mail Carrier still here, at our box delivering envelope mail. I ask her about the package. She stumbles for words. I ask where's the package again, you know, so i can take it from her and not have to go to the post office. She ignores the question but says, quite unbelievably, i couldn't leave it at your door because my back hurts. Say What?! Ok, that's another issue altogether so i said. Not a problem, you have me here now and I'll take the box. She says finally..."its at the post office." So the entire delivery attempt was a lie? You never made an attempt to deliver, plus you tell me your back hurts...as a Mail Carrier? No answer so i walked away. To which she offers, "I'll deliver it tomorrow, disregard pickup from post office notice." I replied, no thanks, wouldn't want you to reinjure your back, I'll be refusing delivery and filing a complaint of unethical practices. Which i did.

Last edited:
I wouldn't let this influence me on whether or not I use them in the future. Heck, you're filing a complaint.. I don't think she'll try to pull this again.

Very frustrating either way.

*My oil orders have always come UPS as well.

Last edited:
That's too bad. I ordered a lot of oil from them over the past few years. It came via UPS, never a problem. It sounds to me like a lazy postal worker.

Since my nearest Walmart back home is only a 5 minute drive away, I just place the order online for pickup if they don't have it in stock.

I've never experienced poor service from the post office before but this really rubbed me the wrong way. The lie then compounded by the excuse. I know the vast majority are excellent employees but she ruined it. Maybe it's a decision made in haste and I'll reconsider.

Last edited:
Heck, she could have just been honest and said she forgot, and that she would have brought it tomorrow for sure.

A little customer service goes a long way.....and unless you needed it today-would have not been a big deal.

That excuse was just straight lazy.....

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Heck, she could have just been honest and said she forgot, and that she would have brought it tomorrow for sure.

A little customer service goes a long way.....and unless you needed it today-would have not been a big deal.

That excuse was just straight lazy.....

And i would have completely understood and accepted that.

With a company like USPS you can't boycott based on one employee because all the big companies will have an employee like that and then you find yourself not being able to use a company you need because one person ruined it

I have experienced similar treatment with the same failed delivery notice. The excuse, driveway was blocked, NOT. I was home all day and delivery not attempted.

Postal service is not what it was in the past.

Originally Posted by wemay
I've never experienced poor service from the post office before but this really rubbed me the wrong way. The lie then compounded by the excuse. I know the vast majority are excellent employees but she ruined it. Maybe it's a decision made in haste and I'll reconsider.

Sounds like the tattoo covered head to toe mail guy I had. Constantly giving me other people's mail. I filed complaints and now have a young woman doing the route and she doesn't miss a beat
smile.gif

I agree basing experience on one employee. Regular mail carrier off. Fill in person delivered mail one street over to my house Saturday. Same number, just one extra word differentiates the streets.

When I grew up attention to detail and your not done till the job is done right was expected. From what I see with younger co-workers, not so much.

I had this same type of thing happen a couple years ago on a small package that would fit in the mailbox.

Package said it was out for delivery on the USPS website. Checked mailbox that evening, and it was not there. There was a slip in the mailbox that said could not be delivered. No signature was required. After talking to the local postmaster, the mail delivery person had purposely did it, and that it would not happen again. Never has since.

...agree, I am getting to the point that I won't order from anybody who uses USPS, or especially FedEx. UPS can get me a box from California in 2-3 days...FedEx has repeatedly been 7-14 days, with 50+5 of my orders having a day or two delay over the initial projection. I will pay the extra buck or two for UPS to get my box in a reasonable and reliable time.

I have ordered from their affiliated company, jet.com which delivers to me via UPS and has even better prices, especially if you buy in volume.

I have had the similar experiences many times, along with prescriptions delivered to my neighbors along with our other mail. The USPS around here is a joke. I avoid having anything sent by them. They are a bunch of screwups that will lie over and over again to cover themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back