Lubing Slider Doors and Door Hinges

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you use to lube your door hinges? What do you use to lube the sliders doors like in a van? What would you use to lube the slider rear door in a GX470?

I'll spray the door hinges etc. with a good penetrating fluid so it seeps and then apply a thick grease like wheel bearing, marine or fifth wheel grease.

Last edited:
Wurth HHS 2000. Best lube I have ever used... Not cheap, but a little goes a long way.

White Lithium if no rubber, else Silicone spray.

Wurth or Moly paste(expensive) but amazing products for metal to metal.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Honda dealers seem to love lithium-based lubricant/grease

I bought some general purpose lithium grease in a tube and it lasts forever on the hinges.
It's not like engine oil or ATF fluid so I have used any kind of grease or spray in the past including WD-40
shocked2.gif
even though some say it's a cleaner but I love it and use it everywhere
grin2.gif

White lithium grease is what I use.

I have a bottle of Permatex Ultra Slick assembly lube left over from last engine assembly. Just wondering how these assembly lubes would do.

Dripping from my oil change bottles in an old fashioned long spout squeeze bottom metal oil can. Wipe off old and add new drops

Originally Posted by Gebo
Where to buy the Wurth?

It appears that you have to have a business account with Wurth to purchase chemicals. They were once available on Amazon, but they aren't now.

eBay might be an option.

Originally Posted by OilUzer

I bought some general purpose lithium grease in a tube and it lasts forever on the hinges.

Yes, it does. Well, it stays there but I'm not sure if it's lubricating properties are still in effect. Our son drives my old '99 Accord which hasn't seen a dealer in 10+ years but there's still remnants of lithium grease on the door hinges !

I had to call Wurth to place my order. He said I would have it tomorrow.

Boeshield T9 or a dry-film lubricant. Speaking of which, I need to do the doors on my parent's van at the next OCI.

Originally Posted by OilUzer

Yes, it does. Well, it stays there but I'm not sure if it's lubricating properties are still in effect. Our son drives my old '99 Accord which hasn't seen a dealer in 10+ years but there's still remnants of lithium grease on the door hinges !

Yes I have seen some cars with OEM stuff that looked like crust all dried up.
crazy2.gif

Not much lubrication there! I think mine still looks wet after a year. You reminded me to go and touch them see if they are still lubricating ...
My wife reminds me if the doors makes noise though, no touching required
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back