Picked up a new Glock 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Glock released the brand new Glock 45 a few days ago. My gun store posted today that they got some in. I went and snatched one up for $539. THIS is the Glock I have been waiting for. I HATE finger grooves. And the 19 slide on the 17 frame, while wierd at first, just makes sense in your hands once you hold one. Pretty sweet gun. Its basically a black version of the 19X, minus night sites, minus the weird protrusion on the front of the grip, and comes with gen 5 magazines without plus 2 extensions, and comes with the gen 5 flared magazine well. I predict here and now that this will be the best selling Glock of the year, by far. People have been waiting 15 years for those stupid finger grooves to disappear. The new gen 5 trigger breaks at about 4.5 pounds, compared to the 5.5 pounds of the older guns .

[Linked Image]

I saw this was released but got sidetracked before checking it out. So this is basically a combination of gen 5 19 and 17? Not sure I get that, as even with my large'ish meatpaws I can comfortably handle and shoot the 19/23. And I would want the extra barrel length and sight radius more, anyways. But I haven't handled one, perhaps I am mistaken?

Everyone hates the G19X/G45, until they hold one and shoot it. I didn't like it either, at first, it didn't make sense to me. But actually go shoot one, and it just makes sense. Its a smooth shooter, it feels great in the hand. I also own the Glock 19X that this is based on, I just wanted a black one.

Originally Posted by buck91
I saw this was released but got sidetracked before checking it out. So this is basically a combination of gen 5 19 and 17? Not sure I get that, as even with my large'ish meatpaws I can comfortably handle and shoot the 19/23. And I would want the extra barrel length and sight radius more, anyways. But I haven't handled one, perhaps I am mistaken?

The 19x is a 19 slide on a 17 frame. Bubba`s new shooter is a 45 with no finger bumps.

Well the Glock 45 IS a Glock 19 slide on a Glock 17 frame, just like the 19X. Just black, and with a few modifications.

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
New forward slide serrations. Neither the 19 or 19X have that. Interesting.

They are releasing front serrations on their other two guns they just released as well. I dont know if this is a permanent change or not.

[Linked Image]

Carry a 21F everyday on the job, great pistols but not a fan of the general way Glock's look. Rumor has it around work we may be going back to 9mm's. I hope not.

How many magazines come with it and how many rounds. Buds has this with Glock nights sigts for $579, but it looks like 10 round magazines.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
New forward slide serrations. Neither the 19 or 19X have that. Interesting.

They are releasing front serrations on their other two guns they just released as well. I dont know if this is a permanent change or not.

And no dumb finger hole in the grip for the mag. That's how my gen5 19 should have come from the factory instead of spending $30 for Pearce mag baseplates. Thanks a lot, Glock.

Well the Glock 45 IS a Glock 19 slide on a Glock 17 frame, just like the 19X. Just black, and with a few modifications.

Sorry for the brain lock. Gotta stay more current.
blush.gif

Glad you like it, but (for me) there is nothing about a Gen5 that would cause me to move away from my Gen4's. Just need to pick up a Glock 20 Gen4 to complete my whole collection and I will be "Glocked Out".

I'm curious - "Glocked Out"?

When does one reach that point? How many Glocks? One in each caliber?

I ask because I don't think I'm "Glocked Out" yet. I've got a 17, 19s, 20, and 23. I would still like a couple more...

Everyone hates the G19X/G45, until they hold one and shoot it. I didn't like it either, at first, it didn't make sense to me. But actually go shoot one, and it just makes sense. Its a smooth shooter, it feels great in the hand. I also own the Glock 19X that this is based on, I just wanted a black one.

Most people are just trolls. Full sized grips and shorter barrels have been happening for over 100 years. If you want a shorter grip to aid concealed carry it makes no sense to have a longer slide. "

Originally Posted by hatt

Most people are just trolls. Full sized grips and shorter barrels have been happening for over 100 years. If you want a shorter grip to aid concealed carry it makes no sense to have a longer slide. "

Actually, slide length makes little difference in concealed carry. The largest factor in whether a pistol "prints" is grip length, which is why so many of us want Glock to make a 19 slide on a 26 frame, and a 17 slide on a 19 frame. Those would be "Goldilocks" pistols. Short grip for concealability, but you still get the sight radius for accuracy/consistency of shot placement, and the little extra barrel length for bullet performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back