Prius Tires or Wacky Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wacky driver as in she needs to be evaluated by a medical professional.
wink.gif

While the lady is crazy, sounds like an overreaction on both sides because she didn't pull over for a whopping 1/2 a mile because she didn't want to drive in the debris on the side of the road.

Wonder if I'll make the news next if I get pulled over, because I'm not going to stop on the side of the freeway and get run over. They can wait 1/2 a mile until I pull over in a parking lot.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
While the lady is crazy, sounds like an overreaction on both sides because she didn't pull over for a whopping 1/2 a mile because she didn't want to drive in the debris on the side of the road.

Wonder if I'll make the news next if I get pulled over, because I'm not going to stop on the side of the freeway and get run over. They can wait 1/2 a mile until I pull over in a parking lot.

Not sure if it's law there but here you are held responsible if the officer is injured while they have you pulled over. I have been pulled over for speeding in the past and I will put my 4-way flashers on to acknowledge to the officer I have seen him/her and then I will start slowing down and looking for a safe spot that I can pull over that will keep them safe while I get "the talk and my revenue generating invoice".
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by Nick1994

Not sure if it's law there but here you are held responsible if the officer is injured while they have you pulled over. I have been pulled over for speeding in the past and I will put my 4-way flashers on to acknowledge to the officer I have seen him/her and then I will start slowing down and looking for a safe spot that I can pull over that will keep them safe while I get "the talk and my revenue generating invoice".
grin2.gif

I did that once, the officer was furious that I traveled a whole 200 yrds to find a safe space to pull over. After I nervously replied that I was looking for a safe place to pull over he calmed down a little.

Oh wow, I have actually pulled off the highway, and pulled into a Tim Hortons parking lot. It would be maybe a kilometer (0.6 miles) from when I first noticed the lights.

Last edited:
In Livonia, more than once there have been people impersonating police officers. Each time we're told that if we suspect it may not be a policeman pulling you over (such as an unmarked car), to drive to the nearest publicly lit place or police station, and to drive in a safe manner while doing so (or until numerous marked cars show up).

I'm always worried that the policeman might take it personally, have his authority offended, and get hopped up if you doesn't pull over immediately. It happened to my dad when he waited until he could pull into a lit gas station. You can't win.

Must be different up there because if you say you were looking for a safe spot the reply Ive gotten is basically they will only attempt a stop if they are satisfied the immediate area is safe to stop in. Otherwise they will follow with their lights off. When they turn their lights on they want you over now.

Originally Posted by Kestas
In Livonia, more than once there have been people impersonating police officers. Each time we're told that if we suspect it may not be a policeman pulling you over (such as an unmarked car), to drive to the nearest publicly lit place or police station, and to drive in a safe manner while doing so (or until numerous marked cars show up).

I'm always worried that the policeman might take it personally, have his authority offended, and get hopped up if you doesn't pull over immediately. It happened to my dad when he waited until he could pull into a lit gas station. You can't win.

My solution to that is to call 911 and say a unmarked is trying to pull me over, is it legit?

She was at a traffic light. IDK what else was at that light but I doubt it was another state highway. More than likely there was a gas station there and a strip mall, like every other off ramp.

She's absolutely cray-cray and needs reeducating on the truth. She'll be stubborn and it will be hard to get her to accept this, so society will give up before she does.

She likely goes into "fugue states" and doesn't know how her tires keep getting popped. She's a menace to the highway.

https://goo.gl/maps/2hRksuVLdgk <-- the likely exit. She could have pulled into the pep boys or gas station. Heck, if she popped a tire there, she could get more!

Crazy as a bedbug and the roads are full of em. Remember they invented all those cool drugs to mitigate bizarre mental lapses but sometimes it takes a lot of trial n error to find what works. Then there's my old favorite , quit taking them because they " make me feel ( fill in the blanks). Off their meds really is no joke especially behind the wheel.

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. My guess is that she's had previous tire trouble. She probably associates the shoulder with debris, and tire damage.

If that's the case, she's not wrong. The shoulder and sections of intersections that don't get frequent travel are chock a block full of tire popping stuff. As a former road bicyclist, I know what I see.

The problem comes in when she expresses her concerns inaccurately and behaves as if someone else will understand her point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back