Storing Car Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Delta
...The car is a 6 speed manual so the parking brake will have to be used as the driveway is slightly sloped and I don't trust leaving it just in gear.

Consider a set of parking chocks. You may live to regret setting the brake while storing outdoors.

I have the same issue with our new to us Sebring convertible. Where to park it in the winter. Summer it gets the house garage.The wife's Santa Fe gets put in my shop. The Geo tracker soft top gets the other stall in the shop and my Dakota gets the car port. Now that winter is coming the Dakota will have to go in the shop (heated). The Santa Fe will go to the heated house garage.Where the Tracker is the Sebring wont fit or the Dakota.That leaves the Sebring under the carport maybe with a cover,out in the nephews large pole building (can we say mice problem maybe)? Or maybe find a storage unit for $65+ per month. The pole barn is out IMHO to much of a chance for mice.While the storage unit will have less mouse chance still unknown. The carport where I walk by it everyday might be the place. Not very likley for mouse issue.Is there really much difference between well under freezing (ND you know) in cold storage or sitting under a carport outside under a nice cover. Maybe moisture????

Originally Posted by philipp10
Wouldn't it make more sense to find a pole barn and store it inside? "she wants you to tend it"....what the he!! does that even mean?

Well rather then sitting somewhere in a storage facility I can keep a look after it. It's something sentimental to her.

i like the parking chock idea, I was going to invest in a set for the beater truck, so I might pick up some extra. Right now we're going with the idea of parked in the driveway and she'll just park her daily on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back