[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MotoTribologist
This is my kind of V-Twin:
[Linked Image]

That's sweet. Always admired those!

Originally Posted by Cujet

[Linked Image]

Is that sponsored by your chiropractor? Ouch.

No sportbikes for me.

[Linked Image]

You like to ride bikes that look like an insect???
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Steelshoe

[Linked Image]

smile.gif

This is what happens when kids, who watched "Transformer" cartoons, grow up and become designers and engineers. Some go to work for motorcycle companies, and the rest for Toyota and Lexus . . .

This is my kind of V-Twin now
smile.gif

OTOH, I just sold my Sportster, and it was a really nice bike. Loved the neutral handling, toque and overall layout. However, they are tire sensitive. The OEM Dunlop's leave a lot to be desired. Metzlers work very well
smile.gif

But not good with the Mrs on the back (crowded, road fine). I've already started dreaming up excuses to get another ... Prolly almost exactly like the one you picture, maybe a color difference ... My bud bought an all black one (boring) and found a nice used two-tone tank on eBay for reasonable money. Turned his all black into a nice two-tone with one change
smile.gif

clip art.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

[Linked Image]

Is that sponsored by your chiropractor? Ouch.

No sportbikes for me.

The Super Duke is more of a sit-upright standard, or naked bike as they are referred to these days.

Ergonomics are all a matter of personal preference. I am more comfortable on an actual Sportbike, than on a more upright naked bike, and certainly more so than on a feet-forward Cruiser.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by khittner
Originally Posted by Steelshoe

[Linked Image]

smile.gif

This is what happens when kids, who watched "Transformer" cartoons, grow up and become designers and engineers. Some go to work for motorcycle companies, and the rest for Toyota and Lexus . . .

I was thinking more of a 36 hour marathon of Red Bull, absinthe, and bad 80s sci-fi movies.

Want.

[Linked Image]

Make it happen before someone else snaps it up. That's the perfect replacement. Welcome back to the Ride !!

Only thing missing are the highway pegs
laugh.gif

So I know a lot of folks immediately pull off the OEM exhaust and put on S&S or something. But I went the other way. I pulled off the S&S exhaust stuff and put back the OEM pipes. I was gifted about 4 sets of OEM Sportster mufflers. One pair had the baffles knocked out. The rest were stock. So I started experimenting. I knew what it ran like with aftermarket. And I soon found out what it ran like with bone stock mufflers (not good).

So I bought a "bell hangers" long bit in 1/4" and started drilling the center baffle. One hole in the center added some sound, but no performance. Then three more around the circumference and we had a bit more sound, but it pulled like the slash cut open pipes. Not too loud, I thought it was pleasant. I was usually the quietest in our group but no one could get away from me
laugh.gif

I eventually ended up with 5 radial holes in the baffle and one center. I also ended up rejetting and it all came together. It was/is one of the stoutest running 1200's in the county. The new owner loves it. His wife is OK with the volume of sound. It's just a sweet thing. Yeah, at WFO it can get a bit loud, but at all other throttle openings if is mellow and cool. And I absolutely loved all the hard core guys giving me a hard time about what a wussy bike I had, then I just rode next to them as they cranked it and couldn't do anything with me.

Metzlers, RK rear shocks (not recommended solo) and my tune - you got nothing on me
laugh.gif

That's why I'm already thinking of how I'll get another ...
smile.gif

If you get it, join the XL Forum. Lot's of good folks and lots of knowledge
smile.gif
XL Forum

Last edited:
Originally Posted by O2SE
The Super Duke is more of a sit-upright standard, or naked bike as they are referred to these days.

Ergonomics are all a matter of personal preference. I am more comfortable on an actual Sportbike, than on a more upright naked bike, and certainly more so than on a feet-forward Cruiser.

I can't do sportbikes or most cruisers. Standards or adventure bikes are good. I'm sure I could enjoy a Super Duke. The Super Duke GT is high on my list for what to buy next, if I need to get a new bike.

As far as the looks people talk about, I buy bikes to ride, not to look at. With all the constraints to satisfy for a bike to be well suited to my use, there isn't a lot of room left to worry about how they look. I like my current two. No V-twins, but both are close. One is a saggy V-twin (boxer), the other a 270-degree parallel twin, so it has the firing sequence and feel of a 90-degree V-twin, even if it's not.

Yep, buying it. 2011 Sportster 883, 2100 miles, that someone put about $3000 into accessorizing. Paint-matched side panniers (not black, very dark maroon), 2-up seat and backrest, crash bar, windshield, and the full Daymaker 3-light setup. Just needs a set of Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs and a tach.

Welcome back! That's a nicely farckled Sporty. Those hard bags, as well as the Daymakers are expen$ive. More pics please.

Yep, buying it. 2011 Sportster 883, 2100 miles, that someone put about $3000 into accessorizing. Paint-matched side panniers (not black, very dark maroon), 2-up seat and backrest, crash bar, windshield, and the full Daymaker 3-light setup. Just needs a set of Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs and a tach.

Sweet. Will be waiting for the ride report ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back