UPC-A#:662537722307
Weight: 1.6 lbs
Max Working Pressure: 50 PSI
Maximum Flow: 25 GPM
lists for $21.99

also looking for a cheap filter head for
fleetguard lf3000 / cummins 3318853
fleetguard fs1003 / cummins 4070801

curntly looking for a frantz filter set uo used off ebay...
thx cheers

Originally Posted by fixitup219
I'm looking for a cheaper canister filter non by-pass
currently using this as a final stage looking for a cheaper alternative

cim-tek#72230
Application:particulate Removal Bio-Fuel Filter
Media Type:X-Glass Microglass
Micron Rating:2 Micron

curntly looking for a frantz filter set uo used off ebay...

What type of vehicle will it be installed on?
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

i am filtering waste oil , tell i can buy or put together a centrifuge

ill have 850 gallons of used semi drain oil stored soon

trying to get the oil as clean as i can afford too...

Originally Posted by Cujet
I configure the Motorguard 0.5 micron air filters for filtering oil. They work perfectly.

i could not find a 0.5 micron filter ... i saw some 0.1 micron filters that were $40 for each element
i saw some elements for $10 but could not find the micron rating yet
what model motorguard do you have
what filter are you using
and which motorguard is the largest

the frantz filter is 279 new 50 to 100 used
filters down to 2 microns and even less with gravity feed ( no pressure )
and run 1000sheet 1ply toilet paper ( basically free in bulk )

i currently only get about 10 gallons of oil through my 2 micron filter b4 flow stops an that is after going through a 25 and 10 micron filter then the 2 mic

how many gallons are you able to filter?

i currently only get about 10 gallons of oil through my 2 micron filter b4 flow stops an that is after going through a 25 and 10 micron filter then the 2 mic

I have already tried what you are trying.

You will quickly find that you'll be spending WAAAAY more $$$$ on filtering system than you save on recycled oil that might be sort of clean (no particulates) but still have other chemical contaminants.

I'll have 850 gallons of used semi drain oil stored soon

Diesel engine oil?
You'll never get it clean.
Ever.
The soot is too small, sometimes as small as 1/1000th of a micron

i am shooting for clean used oil at this stage in my project....
i am not trying to remove the black from the oil , that will be next years project...

my goal for this year is to Centrifuge filter my heated oil
which will remove anything heavier than the oil such as

Specific Gravity of Things Found in Waste Oil
Oil 0.88
Water 1.00
Propylene Glycol 1.036
Brake Fluid 1.05
Ethylene Glycol 1.10
Glycerol 1.129
Calcium* 1.55
Magnesium* 1.738
Zincdiakyldithiophosphate* 1.60
Teflon* 2.20
Iron 7.85
Copper 8.96
Lead 11.35
*oil additives, anti-friction, detergents or anti corrosives
Note that Automatic Transmission Fluid often contains friction enhancers to provide faster lock up and to prevent excessive slip.

for now settling water and large chunks and filtering down to 2 microns or less will be fine ....

i am shooting for clean used oil at this stage in my project....
i am not trying to remove the black from the oil , that will be next years project...
for now settling water and large chunks and filtering down to 2 microns or less will be fine ....

You don't to be so "secretive"...

It sounds like you are trying to make fuel for an IDI engine, Like an older 6.9/7.3 Ford/International IDI, or a Listeroid diesel or something.

i have many uses for the oil...
working on filtering it cheaply ...im going to order a few bag filters soon

must have some psychic guys on this board ,,, oh looks like i posted in the Diesel Engine Alternative Fuels section....
i was getting worried

Just be careful.....

....used motor oil as a fuel makes a LOT of hard carbon particulates from combustion, and they cause a lot of upper cylinder wear.

Of all the guys I have talked to, they said it wasn't worth trashing the engine to save some money on fuel.... they have all given up on the idea.

at current fuel prices , the vehicle is the disposable unit
it only takes 650 gallons of waste oil to pay for a $2000 96-03 f350 7.3 auto 4x4
15000 miles a yr @12mpg is 1250 gallons

i plan on making my own diesel next year as a 2nd distillate from craking long chain carbons

in two years i hopefully will have all my diesels running on tires and plastic as fuel

looks like im going to have to think harder on filtering and make a wmo heater so i can get my tuna can centrifuge some action

i plan on making my own diesel next year as a 2nd distillate from craking long chain carbons

in two years i hopefully will have all my diesels running on tires and plastic as fuel

Cool, are you going to catalyze the cracking to improve conversion efficiency? Any ideas on what catalyst you might use?

And are you going to vacuum distill the mixture to prevent oxidation?

i have not decided
still looking into the vapors reacting to different metals as well as chemical bleaching and catalyzing

i research when i have free time ... i will only be able to make mini batches of a gallon or so anyway tell i make a continuous duty still

hope to have one more diesel by the end of the year ,,, ( looking into another powerstroke TD or a merc 300TD 82-85 om617 )

i need one mechanically injected turbo diesel engine to learn and stock pile rollers and parts for that can make enough power to move a loaded 1 ton or medium duty truck
that costs less than a used 5.9 litter cummins engine $2k

also looking into a listeroid diesel genset ( for back up power and heat ) and a M35a2 duce and a half (but power output is too low and geared too slow for highway speeds and no power steering and no automatic transmission) compared to the 7.3 PS 450ft# ( 500ft# 00-03) and can make lots of power with intake / exhaust / boost ctrl & fooler with no tuner
international has a version of the cummins 5.9 liter im looking into also

I have a Listeroid (a Metro) 6/1 , but I have never really put it to work.

My solar power system is almost/pretty much "set it up and forget it" so the 6/1 is now for emergency use only.
I also have a Kubota-powered semi-truck APU for emergency power.

I have run a mix of 10% well filtered motor oil in my 4BT-3.9 and 6BT-5.9 diesels, and I don't recommend anyone go over 10% WMO with a direct injected diesel like those.

I really have tried to get used ATF from the trans rebuild shops, and none of them are interested in working a deal with me.

im not a fan of the idi and wmo... i ran the 7.3PS straight on new hydro oil and 15w-40 for 2 weeks with no issues ...
a buddy got a new fleet service truck and came over and dumped all his tanks ...
hydro/15w-40/waste... and filled up with his bulk oils from work...
have also ran the ford for 2 weeks on ( 80 wmo / 20 gasoline ) hard to start every other time (injectors are tired and glow plugs/block heater dont work)
im currently running a 50/50 mix wmo and diesel
looking for diesels known for running on wmo and turbo for power and economy and cleaner burn with less build up. but im running out of options under 2k
i found a company that sell turned up 300-td injection pumps for $1k to turn up the MB-om617 to over 200hp

im not wanting to run them on wmo for long just a year or 2 tell i can make my own centrifuges and sell them in kit form for around $100 online
i have over 500 gall of WMO stored and an 850 gall cap.

working on making a 110v heating system so i can thin the wmo to +200* b4 it enters the centrifuge and run about 1gall an hr through it in 15 gall batches while the finished oil is constantly recirculated through a 2nd $100 centrifuge

hopefully in 55gall batches soon so i can make my mix and pump it through a 10 , 2 micron filter into a 110 gall fuel transfer tank and fill it the rest of the way with diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back