Post your euro cars high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since US average cars mileage is 145k, lets get a thread going about high mileage cars. Its fun to see some really high mileage cars. Post your cars model and high mileage. Also what oil and oci.

Not a particularly high mileage by any stretch, but the best I can offer up is my 2002 530i with 110K miles currently.
Oil: Castrol 0w-40
OCI: once a year.

[Linked Image]

I have no proof but I had a Mercedes 420 seal with a whole bunch of miles. I bought it with the odometer stopped at 175k.i drove it another 3 years. I wager it had at least 250k. I did Castrol Dino 20w50 every so often.

Last edited:
As its second owner I sold my 2002 Volvo V70 base with 198,600 miles on it. That was almost 2 years ago.

Years ago bro had a '89 Mitsubishi Galant 4 door with 211K on it. Does Japanese count as Euro?

A mostly trouble free 165K on my old BMW.
Car is as cheap to drive as any Toyota.

2002 Volvo S40 87,000 mi. Recently needed IAC and evap valve, wife loves it, does 200 mi a week in it when weathers good. Been M1 5Kmi OCI, recently switched it to ST HM Syn and fram filter.

Last edited:
My 91 BMW had 188k when I sold it to be refurbished due to rust.
Ive had two w123 mercedes that Ive gotten rid of, one with 228k that ran like new but saved my life, another that when all was said and done had 250k, but I gave it away with 233k still running great. We also had a W210 300D that was traded with 258k on it, still running well, but again, showing rust bubbles under the paint.
My highest mileage MB currently has 162k, but I may buy another...

Last edited:
We've had a couple of 200K+ 123 diesels.
These were very cheap to own and drive cars built to a quality level Mercedes doesn't attain to these days, nor does any other maker.
They were also slow enough to be unsuited to modern traffic, especially limited access highway on-ramps.
Nothing then or now rode and handled like these old Benzes and you really can't understand this unless you've driven some miles in one of these cars.

2009 525d E61 with ZF 6 speed. Burned due to bad battery wiring with around 360,000km on clock. Was still capable of hitting 240km/h and did not burn drop of oil.
I bought it used from a dealer in Italy, who said they performed recall on battery wiring. Stupid me did not check on my own. Was car for me when visiting home in Bosnia, otherwise brother was driving it. It was such an elegant car that when fire department showed up at 2am, fireman asked my brother can he break rear window because he felt sorry for it.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
A mostly trouble free 165K on my old BMW.
Car is as cheap to drive as any Toyota.

3 series with naturally aspirated inline 6 was always cheap to drive. You drive actual machine that is assembled like a tank.
Now I am driving Toyota and I have a feeling parts of suspension will detach any time, and car has 42k.

I own 2 high mileage BMWs and have had excellent experience with both. Gotta love the inline 6 engines. I also really enjoy the flat 6 in another Euro car, but that's not high mileage yet.

2004 BMW 530i (e60) with over 220,000 miles now. It has been remarkably trouble free and it still has the original radiator (I mention that because I've read that the cooling system is a weak point in many BMWs) and mostly everything still original. My son drives it daily now and he is clueless about the care and maintenance of cars and I still feel confident that he is very safe in it.

1988 BMW 325i convertible (e30) with something OVER 300,000 miles. Believe it or not the engine, including cylinder head, has never been opened up. The only real maintenance has been timing belts and water pumps every 5 or 6 years. I have done the last 2 myself. It too, has the original radiator and most everything else. The only real work was a rebuilt ZF automatic transmission about 15 years ago. Even the top is original!

Originally Posted by Vaca
I own 2 high mileage BMWs and have had excellent experience with both. Gotta love the inline 6 engines. I also really enjoy the flat 6 in another Euro car, but that's not high mileage yet.

2004 BMW 530i (e60) with over 220,000 miles now. It has been remarkably trouble free and it still has the original radiator (I mention that because I've read that the cooling system is a weak point in many BMWs) and mostly everything still original. My son drives it daily now and he is clueless about the care and maintenance of cars and I still feel confident that he is very safe in it.

1988 BMW 325i convertible (e30) with something OVER 300,000 miles. Believe it or not the engine, including cylinder head, has never been opened up. The only real maintenance has been timing belts and water pumps every 5 or 6 years. I have done the last 2 myself. It too, has the original radiator and most everything else. The only real work was a rebuilt ZF automatic transmission about 15 years ago. Even the top is original!

Having original radiator in E30 is true achievement.

Last edited:
Yeah right, it's crazy how long some of the parts last on that car. I was really surprised when I changed the fuel filter several years ago that it was also the original. The car had approx 240,000 miles on it at the time. Same thing for the original distributor cap and rotor, original until approx 240,000 miles.

[/quote]
Having original radiator in E30 is true achievement.[/quote]

Originally Posted by Vaca
Yeah right, it's crazy how long some of the parts last on that car. I was really surprised when I changed the fuel filter several years ago that it was also the original. The car had approx 240,000 miles on it at the time. Same thing for the original distributor cap and rotor, original until approx 240,000 miles.

E30 is amazingly well built vehicle. I had 318i with M10 engine. Got it with some 170k kms on clock, sold it with some 300,000kms and never had single issue, just regular maintenance. Actually rpms would not work, so I would "restart" with fist bump over gauges. Worked every time.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

First post.

Renault 12 Sedan 350K km
Renault 18 Station wagon 400K km
Renault 25 Hatch 250K km

Current Renault Koleos 170K km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back