$100 USD Of Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a single vehicle or on all?

so gas is ~$2.43 right now by me, lets just make it easy and say $2.50, so 40 gallons of gas...

Lately, I have been filling up the truck once a month ($50/20 gallons), so 2 months?

My wife's car, I fill it every week ($20/8 gallons), so about 5 weeks.

On my bike, I may use 40 gallons every 5 months

If you put them all together, I use $100 worth of gallons every month and few days.

My truck will vary though, we take that on trips when me, the wife and kids travel (more comfortable than her car, even though her car gets better mileage), so I may only drive 250 miles one month, but then drive 1000+ miles in a week.

To the OP, why does gas last you longer in the winter?

Now to throw a wrench in it, I do get discounts on fuel from Kroger Fuel points and Shell Fuel Rewards.
I usually get $1 off a gallon of gas @ Kroger (max 35 gallons, and I always bring extra fuel cans to get my 35 gallon limit), and using Fuel Rewards II have gotten 20 gallons of gas for $0.38 (the minimum the pump allows is a sale price of $0.019/gallon).

While my truck averages 12.9 mpg, I am not worried about fuel prices, as you can see, I don;t drive it that much.
Kind of waiting for a fuel price spike and everyone to start unloading these things at an affordable price.

That's 1.3 tanks for me in the truck, so about a month if I don't go on any trips.

Pay around 4.50 a gallon in Canada for gas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GrtArtiste
How long does it last for you? For me...during the summer...maybe 4 weeks. During the winter...if I'm frugal...maybe 6 weeks.

GrtArtiste

Which car, we have 3 cars and 4 drivers here. All three are on the road nearly every day.

Well, I just filled up yesterday, at $2.749 per gallon.

At that rate, $100 would get me about 36.377 gallons.
At my current MPG value, 36.377 gallons will get me 1022.2 miles.
I put about 500 miles per week on the car, including my regular commute, so almost exactly 2 weeks.

With the 99 Camry it was about every 5 weeks. Now with the hybrid it is going to be about every two months.

Wife and I do around 3K each month between us so we buy around 100 gallons each month.
At current prices, taking fuel discounts from various sources into account, we spend a hundred bucks on fuel every twelve days.
Glad we don't drive anything really thirsty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back