Changed the oil in my tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a 1957 or so. Has no pcv system. Just a breather where you put the oil in. The top end was pretty dirty when I replaced the valve cover gasket and adjusted the valves last year. I don't have a lot of hours on it since then but I wanted to get what was loose out.

Plus the oil filter is a bypass filter only. Ran it a couple hours this morning in the heat then immediatly after shutting it off pulled the plug and drained it hot.

It got a fram filter and Napa 15w40.

Sounds like fun, you didn't mention what is is but Ill bet its that Case in your Sig.

I just changed the oil on a 63 Allis Chalmers myself, probably a very similar oil fill/breather on top of the valve cover. My Factory service manual tells me to clean out the breather can (about the size of a soup can) with gasoline and then re oil the metal mesh material in it because it acts like a breather filter with air going in and out as the pistons pump. Make sure you oil yours if you didn't already to keep dirt and dust from being pulled into the head.

I am glad that mine came with the full flow filter based on what I just found inside the Hastings filter that had been ran since 2011
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by SOHCman

I am glad that mine came with the full flow filter based on what I just found inside the Hastings filter that had been ran since 2011
crazy2.gif

Pics or it didn't happen! :-D

We had an old Allis-Chalmers "C" when I was growing up - it had a bypass oil filter that was just a bunch of cotton stuffed in a can. It hadn't been changed in 40 years. I changed it in high school when I learned a bit more about stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back