Android Auto Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been considering an Android Auto car stereo for my old 2001 Tundra.
Double din, easy to swap out. Have decent aftermarket Bluetooth now.

I hate junk, but don't wanna pay too much.
Want CD player.
I am thinking about JVC, because they seem to be decent quality with reasonable price.
Lotsa people like Pioneer; I am not such a fan.

Your thoughts?

I have a pioneer. 1200NEX. I like it. Internal software for setting things like equalizer or dimmer settings is a bit wonky but other than that, it treats me well. GPS on it is REALLY good.

My thoughts? For a double din, go in the store and play with them. A lot of it will be subjective to what you like as far as the interface goes.

If you intend to wire in an amplifier down the road, look for 4v preouts

As someone who thought they would love android auto, make sure you like other features of the HU and not buying solely for Android Auto.

Also just curious why you need a CD Player? I know it will take some work but you can rip all the CDs to a flash drive and then you will have your whole library in the HU digitally and do not need to fuss with multiple discs.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Crutchfield.com. You can enter in your vehicle information and features you want on your new head unit. Crutchfield will list all the units that fit your criteria; list any additional equipment you'll need and give you installation instructions.

Good luck.

I recently got a Sony Xav-ax5000. I drive a lot for work and have a company truck. I do have an apple, and CarPlay is great!!! The Sony seemed like the best bang for the buck. It does android auto. Check some reviews out. I do like this unit. It does not have a CD player and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I didn't like the pioneer with no buttons at all.

Originally Posted by dtownfb
I'm a big fan of Crutchfield.com. You can enter in your vehicle information and features you want on your new head unit. Crutchfield will list all the units that fit your criteria; list any additional equipment you'll need and give you installation instructions.

Good luck.

I can second Crutchfield. I've purchased home audio, marine, and car audio goodies from them. Their customer service absolutely rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back