2010 f150 5.4 triton

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 2010 F150 with a 5.4 was my tenth and last ever new Ford truck. that truck was my wake up call to say no more Fords for me. The engine sucked as did the truck itself. The heating system needed repairs before the first set of brakes needed to be replaced. The 2010s have a blend air actuator issue that requires a lot of labor to replace a cheap part. that alone was a $1,200.00 repair, but Ford offered assistance, so it cost me 300.00.

The blend air door actuator was used in a large number of Ford models, and fails in all of those models. My truck was a regular cab with standard air conditioning, if the truck you are looking at has dual zone, the repair cost is a lot higher.

I'm a maintenance stickler, and babied the truck, oil changes every 5K, power steering flushed, cooling system flushed, transmission serviced, but not flushed (filter replacement and fluid only) yet the truck fell apart like a cheap suit. The only thing I towed was a boat two people could pick up, and at that it was only towed ten miles 2-3 times a year.

I sold the truck at 110,000 miles, with it needing cam phasers, and soon to need transmission work. I did have the plugs changed at 100,000.

I used 5W-30 synthetic after the warranty expired, and used Donaldson filters.

On a positive note, at 110K it still had the original brakes and they were still in good shape. It did however start burning oil towards the end, I blame that on possible damage created by 110K of pinging that Ford could never figure out, they swapped a lot of parts at my expense after the warranty was up, but couldn't hear it until the warranty expired.

I've had ten new Fords, as well as a few used ones, I've had 300, 302, 351, 460, 4.2, two 5.4s, 6.9, and the 7.3, the 2010 5.4 was the worst of all of them.

Skip the 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back