2015 Audi Q7 TDI (43k miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend Is looking to purchase a 2015 Audi Q7 TDI for $31,700. Has 43k miles.

He's wondering if it's a good deal? I told him that I remember that there was a VW Group emissions scandal where the 2015 Q7 TDIs and other TDI's were affected.

What are the issues with these models.
Did the "software fix" affect mileage (mpg) or performance?

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated

Look at the cost of repairs. He will need to get a good deal and set aside about $5K for repairs at some point in the future.

I have a 2011 Jetta that I decided to get 'fixed' and keep it instead of giving it back to VW. After the fix it went to 43 mpg, down from 45 mpg. No problems.

All the newer cars cost an arm and a leg when it comes to repairs, regardless of the manufacturer.

Personally, I would not let the emissions scandal deter me from buying one if everything else works out.

How long does your friend plan to keep it? I would not ever buy an audi, but if I did, I wouldn't keep it more than 3 years or 36k miles. Expect to pay more to correctly repair the vehicle when something breaks. Expect something expensive to break around 80k miles.

I'd advise your friend to check out the Audi forums at Audizine and VW Vortex. 95% of the people on BITOG who express their opinions on German vehicles and their maintenance/reliability haven't sat in one, much less driven or owned one.

Originally Posted by Blueskies123
Look at the cost of repairs. He will need to get a good deal and set aside about $5K for repairs at some point in the future.

Or just buy it from Carmax along with their longest/best warranty. The warranty is their own and not from a third party company. Carmax also does their own in-house financing. Not the lowest prices upfront but if keeping the car for a fair amount of time this can be a good deal. Any vehicle that doesn't cut the mustard with them goes to auction and not their retail lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back