Checked the cabin filter today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
FDr6yDW.jpg
I have a hard time keeping the mice out of mine. 6 months I have to change them.

To the OP: Those filters don't owe you a dime.

It's funny how often those filters are neglected. I say "funny" because I've seen displays in parts warehouses designed to make mechanics aware of the business potential for these filters.

Since you'd figure any garage would want to "build the business" you have to conclude that.....
1) It's a lot to talk about if you want to sell a CAF change to a customer...possibly too much trouble.
2) Many mechanics are out-of-shape wads who can't bend. The specter of having to change an unfamiliar one probably terrifies them.

Cabin air filters dirty up pretty fast!

Obviously, there is going to be some variation in how dirty your cabin air filter gets based on the design of the system and where you drive and park the vehicle but they don't last long.

After 1 year and 17K miles of driving, the cabin air filter in my Ram 1500 was completely brown and covered in a layer of leaves. I make it a point to at least check and usually replace my cabin air filter every year in the fall. If you are reading this, you should do the same!

Originally Posted by AMC
Cabin air filters dirty up pretty fast!

Obviously, there is going to be some variation in how dirty your cabin air filter gets based on the design of the system and where you drive and park the vehicle but they don't last long.

After 1 year and 17K miles of driving, the cabin air filter in my Ram 1500 was completely brown and covered in a layer of leaves. I make it a point to at least check and usually replace my cabin air filter every year in the fall. If you are reading this, you should do the same!

I assume you installed/modded this up yourself or by some chance did your Ram come from the factory with one?

I don't have one in my 2013 Ram but have debated back and forth numerous times with myself thinking/wondering if I should?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back