Push button start, reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf.... I've got 242k miles on my push start Nissan Altima VQ 3.5.... tons of starts there obviously
smile.gif

Kicking rear end so far.

Originally Posted by Shannow
(some cars have started with key in ignition while on stands...my Colorado, once you turn the key, you can release and it will crank until it fires)

I have that in my truck and I'm not sure if I like it... I mean I do, but only one of my vehicles has it, and if I drive it for a few days then suddenly my other cars don't start right!

Originally Posted by Balrog006
ammolab said:
......with only one key and it gets locked in the car......

Mine will not allow the fob to be accidentally locked in car.

in ours, you cannot lock the car, even with the key fob in the trunk; also, once car is running and the key fob gets out of the car, it beeps at you, essentially saying don't leave me alone
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
If the fob stays in your pants then there is no issue. People locked their keys in their cars all the time.

That's my favorite thing. I always carried two sets in vehicles with keys, but the fob is much more convenient.

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
Originally Posted by Balrog006
ammolab said:
......with only one key and it gets locked in the car......

Mine will not allow the fob to be accidentally locked in car.

Indeed, the engineers have solved all the negativity expressed in this thread.

Funny, I was thinking the same folks in here that are leery of the push button would have been leery of the electric starter and want to keep their crank.

As a tow truck driver for AAA, I've never seen the button itself fail, but I have towed a few cars with lost fobs. I've had people request a tow because the fob isn't working, which my solution is to go the nearest store to replace the battery and voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back