BITOG 2019 Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
Would anyone like to make our 2019 avatars? I've been making them and since I have so little graphic arts talent, they are boring and repetitive. If interested, PM me.

Thanks,

Wayne

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Maybe we could make out own.

Yes. Uploading our own photos would be a good thing.

Maybe we could make out own.

Ditto!

image.jpg

Another +1 for personal avatars. I sometime recognize avatars on other forums, even if I've forgotten their user-name.

There is little risk of mature members choosing something offensive (i.e., not against the rules for post content).

Originally Posted by skyactiv
An interesting idea is to have, country and provincial flag avatars available.

Good idea,
I'd like to wave the Lone Star for my avatar

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Another +1 for personal avatars. I sometime recognize avatars on other forums, even if I've forgotten their user-name.

There is little risk of mature members choosing something offensive (i.e., not against the rules for post content).

Right. Thats why I disable avatars here so I don't get confused. Im very visual and when I see 5 of the same avatar in a row my first thought is that one person just made 5 posts in a row. Not that 5 different people have the same avatar.
So the default avatars are worthless to me and may as well not exist. So it is nice I have the option of turning them off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Colt45ws

Right. Thats why I disable avatars here so I don't get confused. Im very visual and when I see 5 of the same avatar in a row my first thought is that one person just made 5 posts in a row. Not that 5 different people have the same avatar.
So the default avatars are worthless to me and may as well not exist. So it is nice I have the option of turning them off.

This because the Avatar could just go through an approval process and Willson could disapprove questionable ones. It would make things busy for a while but in a few weeks the storm would subside.

Originally Posted by Colt45ws

This because the Avatar could just go through an approval process and Willson could disapprove questionable ones. It would make things busy for a while but in a few weeks the storm would subside.

At least have a list of some to choose from (I know there are generic ones in the forum software, they just need to be activated).
A donation would allow for an "approved" personal avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back