Your "Go-To" Wiper Blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in need of new wiper blades for the wife's Rav4. What are your "go-to" wiper blades these days? I'm looking for something that performs well in all weather condition Cleveland, OH sees.

I have the typical auto parts stores nearby: Autozone, Advanced Auto, NAPA, O'reilly, WalMart

I typically look for the best deal on those fancy beam style wipers. Often you can pick them up in various brands for $10/ea at Sams or Costco.

I go OEM from the dealer. There might be better but I get 1-2 years out of OEM and it's a quick stop on the way into work. You might be able to buy OEM online at Amazon, Ebay or some dealer's internet store (toyotapartsdeal.com or the like).

I used to buy the cheapest brand I could find at auto parts stores. I got tired of replacing them every 2 years, so I moved to Rain X. I now replace them so rarely I have to open up the directions that come with them, to recall how to do it right. Never been disappointed with Rain X needing an early replacement.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
I think I'm on 5 years of cheap NAPA beam-style wiper blades. If you park indoors they last quite a long time.

I bought these on sale in the early spring. Half off and they installed them free. Smooth and quiet so far.

You'll get a lot of answers but Toyota OEM -- especially the hybrid style supplied by Denso -- should be the best. I've got the aftermarket version Denso Designers and they're fabulous.

Make sure to "super clean" your windshield to maximize wiper life. Claying the glass, in particular, does wonders. It eliminated the occasional chatter I'd get in light rain.

Last edited:
I like the Trico Ultra. But if you don't want to spend that much, get the Trico Tech from Rock Auto. The Trico Tech is the sam3e as the Trico Flex sold in stores.

Rain X Latitude, they fit as good as OE where none of the other do on a VW and are better and last longer than the OE Bosch. I am a 100% sold on them.

I buy the cheapest. I've bought mid, expensive, and specialty, and find cheapest to last the longest. Right now I buy Goodyear blades at Ollies for $3.

OE inserts if you still have the factory original blades. My next choice is the Denso Designer blades, followed by the Toyota Slightlines.

my new favs are the rainX "expert Fit" line. Walmart has 'em, only $9.99
work and last and most importantly to me FIT the same as OE.
had too many others not fit the wiper arms on mine and my parents fords anywhere near right.
last pair of trico's i bought i ended up breaking the adapter before it would click into place.
when i changed the blades on dad's escape the other day, the old ones (that he got at the dealer last year) wouldn't release they way they were supposed to, I had to break the clips to get them off.

Rock Auto, I've got Trico NeoForm blades on the Jeep and Sonata. So far so good.

Rock Auto is way cheaper. Have to pay shipping, but still cheaper than the parts stores. But if you get a set for another car the shipping shouldn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back