Posting Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Thought I'd start a new thread on this since there is so much talk about the board changes mixed in various threads. Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I might have missed it.

I posted some photos for the first time on the new board software, and notice I can not nest the photos where I want them in my post. They automatically just show up at the bottom of the post.

This makes it very hard to talk about multiple photos posted, since you can't place the photos where you want them in the text ... that was possible with the old board software.

Is there any way for Admin to make it possible to place the photos where you want them in a post like it use to be?

I have no problem nesting them. I have posted a few since the change. Could it be related to the browser you are using not showing it correctly?

I'm on Opera (Chrome based engine)

Example is the one I posted in the Humor Section - Tesla Humor.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Use the full editor and go to the image tag.

The only way to upload photos is in the Full Editor mode. I have no problem uploading photos, but I can't nest them in the post where I want them ... they just show up at the bottom of the post automatically.

Originally Posted by StevieC
I have no problem nesting them. I have posted a few since the change. Could it be related to the browser you are using not showing it correctly?

Could be the browser ... I'm using Firefox. I'll try Chrome and see if it's different.

Sometimes it's easier for the reader to look at one picture per post.
It loads faster as well. Can you html them afterwards on an edit?
I'm not in the position to try pictures out or I would.

Originally Posted by irv
Just throwing this out there, but what about posting all your pics then see if you can write between them?

That's what I tried ... no go.

Use a host like TinyPic. Old pic of my sister if anyone can straighten her out. PM me.

[Linked Image]

This is a problem.

I know when I do my oil filters I post text between pics.

One work around is post them all in one post (like in the test forum), then copy the link to the post you want to use them in (I used your test post to get these pics posted)

So here is one pic

[Linked Image]

then I can type some text and then post another pic

[Linked Image]

But it does take a lot longer (I can't imagine doing it on a mobile device, it is a pain even on a laptop).

Most forums show the attachments once uploaded and either automatically or manually allow them to be placed within the post.

It also does not copy images when quoting, which in one aspect is good (annoying when somebody quotes 10 pics), but bad if you want to point out something in a single pic.

Use a host like TinyPic. Old pic of my sister if anyone can straighten her out. PM me.

Then you end up with dead links. Look at the recent photobucket fiasco. Tons of how to articles with no pics due to photobucket not allowing hotlinks anymore.

edit: also seems it is limited to 8 pics/6 mb each. Not sure what the old one was, but I know a few of my posts had more than 8 pics.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blupupher
Most forums show the attachments once uploaded and either automatically or manually allow them to be placed within the post.

That's the way it use to work. I gave up on posting some images earlier because I got frustrated.

Then you end up with dead links. Look at the recent photobucket fiasco. Tons of how to articles with no pics due to photobucket not allowing hotlinks anymore.

For sure. All the hard work I put in cutting and posting oil filter images are all gone because Photobucket tried to blackmail me into giving them way too much money.

Originally Posted by BigD1

That's the way it use to work. I gave up on posting some images earlier because I got frustrated.

Yep, the old software showed a link to the uploaded photo, and you could put that link anywhere you wanted within the post text. I see no way to do that with the new system. I tried it in both Firefox and Google Chrome browsers, and it worked the same showing this issue in both browsers.

Originally Posted by ls973800
If I click on one of the "pictures" posted (IMG_2774-Copy.JPG2) etc, I get a message that I don't have access to download it.

Try it now

Nope, still just saying I don't have access to download it. Hopefully someone else will join in and see if they can see them. Want to make sure it just isn't a setting on my end.

Originally Posted by ls973800
Nope, still just saying I don't have access to download it. Hopefully someone else will join in and see if they can see them. Want to make sure it just isn't a setting on my end.

How about now?

OK, the pictures are showing up correctly now! No need to click anything because just the pictures are there now. There is also your description of what is showing under each picture, so it looks like everything is working correctly now for your posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back