JK Jeep 02 Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeep was throwing a code (P0052)for bank 2 sensor 1 02 sensor. I had a repair place take care of it, they used an aftermarket sensor, and later the same day, the CEL came back on with a different code (P0152)...My first thought was, the aftermarket sensor was no good.

I take it back to them, they hold it for a day, and claim it is not the sensor, and that there must be a wiring issue or PCM, and I need to take it to a dealer.

Dealer says they swapped the old with another sensor, now all is good. I can see now, the first place is not gonna want to refund my money, so I'll have to dispute the charge. I think I'm justified in doing so, I gave them the chance to repair it right, and they TOLD me to take it to a dealer, as the dealer has better diagnostic equipment.

What do you guys think?

If they used an aftermarket sensor and that was the problem and you can get the dealer to verify this, how could they refute that?
You did give them a chance to diagnose and they essentially told you to go pound OEM sand at the dealership.

You'd think they would feel foolish after I give them the receipt from the dealer, but I've just never known a repair place to want to give money back... they'll most likely want to give back the money for the sensor, and keep the labor. I'll gladly give them their sensor back.

Those Jeep's NEED OEM oxygen sensors. This is well known among the Jeep guys and most repair shops. I won't even bother putting in an aftermarket in a Jeep.

The OE sensor is made by NTK, you can sometimes get lucky with those but I still prefer the dealer.

Originally Posted By: 14Accent
Those Jeep's NEED OEM oxygen sensors. This is well known among the Jeep guys and most repair shops. I won't even bother putting in an aftermarket in a Jeep.

The OE sensor is made by NTK, you can sometimes get lucky with those but I still prefer the dealer.

X2.....That's the case with a lot of Chrysler products & has been for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back