Does your daily driver have rust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately my 2003 Grand Marquis has a lot of rust......
frown.gif

Of course not.

If some of you guys saw what the underside of my Jeep and Camry looked like, you wouldn’t be too happy
crackmeup2.gif

My Civic has a few minor rust spots, but considering the fact that it's 13 years old and I haven't rust proofed it since I got it in 2011, and really haven't washed it that often or waxed it, I'm surprised it hasn't developed complete swiss cheese on it. Hondas made in the mid 90s and earlier wouldn't have fared this well after 13 years.

It's growing on my prius. The "hook" that comes out of the unibody that the muffler hangs from (with a rubber isolator) snapped due to rust. My muffler dropped to the ground. I made two 90 degree right turns to get out of traffic, pulled over, and there was my muffler, parallel parked right behind my car. How considerate!

I welded up something ugly using the tow hook. If this fails I'm going to have to drill through the trunk floor.
frown.gif

You can call the cars in my signature junk if you wanna, but if you Google "most rust resistant cars", they are number 1 and 2 respectively.
They will be in the junk yard before rust shows I bet.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Unfortunately my 2003 Grand Marquis has a lot of rust......
frown.gif

Welcome to Michigan, where salt mines below our streets still pump-out millions of pounds every year for our lousy roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back