*not verified* former Tesla employee speaks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's hilarious. Seems like everything with that company is rushed. A shame really because the Model S is a beautiful car.

We have a new sale manager, extremely annoying like most of them, who worked at Tesla prior to us. He was telling a customer in parts about how great Tesla was and they never had any issues with QC. I walked up and showed him the post online of different colored interior door panels and said "I heard this was common with Tesla." He stopped talking, looked at me and said "you're lucky you have been here for as long as you have" and stormed out. My boss and I laughed so hard at that.

Better - Faster - Cheaper ... which one (sometimes two) will a company have to throw out.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
That's hilarious. Seems like everything with that company is rushed. A shame really because the Model S is a beautiful car.

We have a new sale manager, extremely annoying like most of them, who worked at Tesla prior to us. He was telling a customer in parts about how great Tesla was and they never had any issues with QC. I walked up and showed him the post online of different colored interior door panels and said "I heard this was common with Tesla." He stopped talking, looked at me and said "you're lucky you have been here for as long as you have" and stormed out. My boss and I laughed so hard at that.

That guy sounds like a real piece of work! "Don't question my mindless propaganda or I'll destroy your career". Sounds like a nutbar sociopath with an insecurity complex
crazy2.gif

I reviewed a model S on here a while back and my criticisms of the interior materials selection and fit and finish were not unique. As you noted the car is beautiful, but at its price point, I expect M5/AMG interior, not 2000 Expedition.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

That guy sounds like a real piece of work! "Don't question my mindless propaganda or I'll destroy your career". Sounds like a nutbar sociopath with an insecurity complex
crazy2.gif

I reviewed a model S on here a while back and my criticisms of the interior materials selection and fit and finish were not unique. As you noted the car is beautiful, but at its price point, I expect M5/AMG interior, not 2000 Expedition.

We actually have a Tesla "dealer" next to us at work. Not sure what all goes on there really. They don't allow techs to have their own tools except for one that is a shop foreman. They have a really nice Hunter alignment rack that puts on a cool laser light show. O and we get to do all the services on their Transit Connect and Super Duty since they can't do oil changes. I really enjoyed the irony of getting to sell them a battery for a Transit Connect a couple days ago.

He stopped talking, looked at me and said "you're lucky you have been here for as long as you have" and stormed out. My boss and I laughed so hard at that.

lol.gif
What’s he gonna do, go complain to the owner that you interrupted his Tesla sales pitch?
crackmeup2.gif

The LOL's are incredible:

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1032939617404645376

I can't quote them here, as some language wouldn't be suitable. It's hilarious if even partially true.

A lot of this looks easily identifiable, opening him to retaliation. Seems risky enough to be that much less plausible.

That said, the general thrust of the stories isn't surprising.

Interested to see how much of this stuff (if any) ends up being substantiated.

crazy2.gif

We actually have a Tesla "dealer" next to us at work. Not sure what all goes on there really. They don't allow techs to have their own tools except for one that is a shop foreman. They have a really nice Hunter alignment rack that puts on a cool laser light show. O and we get to do all the services on their Transit Connect and Super Duty since they can't do oil changes. I really enjoyed the irony of getting to sell them a battery for a Transit Connect a couple days ago.

I was kind of wondering about fluids. They must have coolant. Brake fluid. Some sort of oil for the transmission/motor/generator thing, I’d think.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
He stopped talking, looked at me and said "you're lucky you have been here for as long as you have" and stormed out. My boss and I laughed so hard at that.

lol.gif
What’s he gonna do, go complain to the owner that you interrupted his Tesla sales pitch?
crackmeup2.gif

Sales managers think they are important. They don't like hearing how fixed ops (parts and service) keep the doors open.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I was kind of wondering about fluids. They must have coolant. Brake fluid. Some sort of oil for the transmission/motor/generator thing, I’d think.

I know about brake fluid, they use something resembling Dex VI in the transmission/gearbox thing, and I would think some sort of coolant for the battery pack or inverter.

When they opened next door they tried to head hunt me but their "very lucrative offer" was about $10k less a year than I make now.

I read those tweets on Friday. Kind of scary about the security onboard, and about the 'morning swarm' their servers can't really handle.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Another delightful look into the Church of Muskology.

Very astute, they do seem rather cultish, eh?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Much like the followers of all things Apple
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Driz
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Much like the followers of all things Apple
crazy.gif

Indeed, that's an excellent analogy! I have always wondered at our media heroes and their creation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back