Getting rid of fleas from car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cities have a big pet store that sells all sorts of stuff for pets. If it were me I would go to one and see what they recommend.

The above picture of Hartz ultra guard plus looks promising, but before I would spray down some place that I would come into contact with I would do some research on the internet to see if it was something too strong to be around.

What ever you use, you might want to roll down all the windows for the first few minutes of driving when you first get in the car, and then use the vent mode for the heating/AC to bring in fresh air while you drive.

There are two types of bug bombs. The ones that leave an oily residue and the ones that do not.

The oily residue ones work the best but will make the entire car a mess that no one will want to ride in.

Originally Posted By: MParr
You may want to check your car over real good. You may have some rodents that have made your car their home.

This is what I'd fear. The solution? As already mentioned, fire, and lots of it.
wink.gif
That or a bug bomb!

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
It should get hot enough to park the car in the sun w/windows rolled up to kill any living thing in there.

That is not guaranteed, imo, to do the trick. Most fleas thrive in the summer/heat so I think a product is really the only thing that will kill them.
We used a powder product years ago in our camping trailer. We spread/shook it all over the place and vacuumed it up when we returned the following weekend.
It worked really well but we needed another treatment before they were gone for good.

The buggers literally attacked me when I first entered our trailer. I never experienced anything like that before. The previous owner had 2 big dogs they didn't tell us about.
mad.gif

Thanks for all the replies!
Here are some updates:
Friday, after the car sat in the sun for about 6 hours, some (or all) fleas survived.
I was set on using the Zoecon Precor 2000 Plus, but I could not find it locally, so I luckily found the Hartz UltraGuard Plus at Target. I was set on decisive action on Friday(no time for Amazon) since the sun and the diatomaceous earth didn't seem to work.
I sprayed one puff of the Hartz in each of the foot areas and then I've let the fleas simmer for 2 days. After that I opened all the doors for some time to circulate the air, and vacuumed the car. With the floor mat of the driver removed, I gave the area one more puff of the Hartz, let it sit overnight, opened the doors again, rolled down the windows. After everything was back in place I observed 2 things:
1. I didn't notice any more fleas
smile.gif

2. My car wouldn't start
frown.gif
. Battery voltage was 12.4x V.
So there you have it: Hartz UltraGuard kills your battery.
Just kidding... I think the battery is failing (only 20 months old); having the courtesy lights on while the doors were open must have drained it just that much.

After I jumpstarted the car, I drove my daughter to preschool. No fleas noticed, yay. I do the preschool routine with my daughter, and check my pants (an obsession at this point) yikes - about 10 fleas crawling up on my pants. I brush them off, walk some more but others jump on me. So this is the source of the fleas. I have much bigger problems now. I was running late because of the car issues this morning and didn't have time to talk to the people in charge, but quickly talked to another parent and she was aware of the flea problem.
That's about it.
Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back