Will You Buy An Autonomous Car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: glock19
Eventually it will be the only option. Even if every driver on the road was Mario Andretti, they'll never reach the safety level of 100% autonomous driving if every single car on the road can communicate with each other.

There are also a ton of other benefits: providing mobility to the elderly and disabled, freeing up people to do other things during their commute, improved speed and efficiency of trips, no need to search for parking, etc...

I love driving, but adaptive cruise control has given me a little taste of autonomous driving and I can see the appeal. Drive while you still can, and embrace the convenience that comes when we can't.

I hope that all comes to pass long after I'm gone.

I don't know how long you have left, but I can't imagine it happening in the next decade.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Eventually it will be the only option. Even if every driver on the road was Mario Andretti, they'll never reach the safety level of 100% autonomous driving if every single car on the road can communicate with each other.

There are also a ton of other benefits: providing mobility to the elderly and disabled, freeing up people to do other things during their commute, improved speed and efficiency of trips, no need to search for parking, etc...

I love driving, but adaptive cruise control has given me a little taste of autonomous driving and I can see the appeal. Drive while you still can, and embrace the convenience that comes when we can't.

I hope that all comes to pass long after I'm gone.

I don't know how long you have left, but I can't imagine it happening in the next decade.

Ain't gonna happen until the technology is 99.9999 percent perfect in adverse conditions (rain, snow, snow/ice covered roads, etc) and rural roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back