ISO cheap 1 to 2 micron filters 4 WMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys feel free to move my post to the correct location...

I need a better and cheaper way to filter my WMO
I'm currently settling my oil for weeks in 2X275gall IBC totes , pumping off the top and running through 3 different blue jeans filters in 5 gall micro batches...

then i run it through my 15 gall air tank filter rig 25/10/2 micron (3/4") fuel oil filters for fuel transfer tanks $22 each
looking for a better way tell i get bag filters and a centrifuge...

im looking for a better cheaper oil-filter style fuel filters
any fuel must go through at least a 2 micron filter b4 entering my equipment

any tips tricks or hints appreciated
thx

A simple gravity drip through a frantz, or other bypass filter gets you in the 2-micron range and avoids all the "pail moving" stuff.

Grandad used two horizontally stacked drums with bungs welded on the side and put a Frantz in between - dump the waste up top - collect usable oil from the bottom for non-critical small engines and barn heaters. It wasn't a fast system but it didn't really need to be.

Running a car dealership and tractor dealership as well as being a farmer himself we always had a large supply of used oil to clean and a need for cleaned up motor oil.

UD

They say It filters down to 2 microns under pressure - likely slightly better using gravity vs a pressure based oiling system. (Trasko claims 1 with low pressure.)

If I were rebuilding today I'd use their media, it will last a long time in the application I'm describing.

A trasko would also work, puradyn, amsoil, baldwin any of the commercial bypass filters will get what you need but frantz can often be found "used" but unused and are easy to acquire media for.

Best!

UD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back