Is this a chick helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long story short, I received the wrong helmet I bought off eBay. Seller was willing to let me return at with my cost shipping. I decided to either keep it as is if you guys think it’s not too girly or cover it with decals. Just wanted some other guys opinions. FYI that color is hot pink, didn’t come out well on the photo. Thanks.

The seller gave you the wrong helmet, but wants you to pay postage to return it? I'd complain to ebay and see what they have to say about it.

I'd say who cares but if they shipped you the wrong product they should pay for the return shipping or provide you a refund and you keep the item if they don't want to pay the shipping and it's not an expensive item.

The only helmet I've ever owned was a white Shoei knockoff from Korea...but anything that has questionable neo-tagging and an energy drink can as part of the graphics I'd return posthaste.

Yup, chick helmet.

This black n red helmet looks manly:

51mMfVjI37L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Last edited:
Send it back, click wrong item or not as described ebay will pay the return shipping even if the seller says no return. Ebay has a 100% money back guarantee to compete with Amazon. You can give the seller another chance but I would just buy from someone else.

Does the helmet fit correctly? Does it meet the required safety standards? If it fits fine, then there is no problem.

Originally Posted By: paulri
The seller gave you the wrong helmet, but wants you to pay postage to return it? I'd complain to ebay and see what they have to say about it.

01.gif

Agreed.

I've been using a helmet made for snowmobiliers for the past few summers.
Why? Because it was new, it fit and finally, I just don't care about the look.
Actually, it's a modular helmet so it has the drop down visor at the flick of a button.
In no way does it look/feel different that a bike helmet.
I just saved HUNDREDS of dollars when buying it.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Does the helmet fit correctly? Does it meet the required safety standards? If it fits fine, then there is no problem.

Originally Posted By: paulri

01.gif

This.

What it boils down to is that if you think it looks like a chick helmet, send it back.

Originally Posted By: 555
Lame that you have to pay shipping. Sounds like an intentional "mistake".

Yes.. perhaps intentional...I would insist on free return and refund and report if not given.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
Send it back, click wrong item or not as described ebay will pay the return shipping even if the seller says no return. Ebay has a 100% money back guarantee to compete with Amazon. You can give the seller another chance but I would just buy from someone else.
Sprite is right. Don't keep it if you don't want it! Especially if the seller made the mistake!

eBay has had forced returns now for sellers for a while now to compete with other stores. If you file a buyer complaint as "Item not as described" they will have to provide return shipping and give you back your refund, eBay forces it from them. That means eBay gives you the return label and charges them for it automatically. They also hold the money in their PayPal account too and give you your refund back as soon as the item goes back to the seller. If they don't have the money in their PayPal account to account for the forced refund, their account goes into the negative and they can't use their PayPal account until they put enough money in to zero their balance out. I think they also send the account to collections after a while too.

If the seller did wrong, don't bother talking to them about it. Go straight to eBay if they're going to give you nonsense like that.

Originally Posted By: sprite1741

This.

Why except something that isn't what you wanted?
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back