Krown vs Corrosion Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

mez

My son just purchased a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Pro. I am suggesting to him that he gets the truck rust protected. What's your thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mez
My son just purchased a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Pro. I am suggesting to him that he gets the truck rust protected. What's your thoughts? Thanks

My 2001 Outback has been treated with Krown since new and doesn't have a speck of rust.

+2. Go for it. I actually do my own rustproofing now with Fluid Film. Easy to do and I know I've got everything covered.

What protection are you thinking of using?

I Fluid Film my 1998 Tacoma. I have not used the other products and do not know how good they are. Fluid Film is super easy to apply with the special spray gun. I suggest the pro model with 2 flexible nozzles to get inside frame rails and other confined spaces. Once you get the pro gun for about $110, you can rustproof your truck for $20 worth of Fluid Film every year. All you need is a compressor. I do my truck on ramps placed on my dirt/grass driveway. Any spills keep the weeds down :)

Absolutely, every year. Would be a shame to have a nice expensive truck like that rust away.

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/

Fluid Film can be bought in gallons at any NAPA auto parts. They may have to order it but delivery is quick.

The pro gun and Fluid Film can also be bought on Amazon. Fluid Film comes in a plastic gallon can that may not stand rough handling or being dropped during shipping. May be better to buy Fluid Film locally.

You can drive to Rust Cop Shop in Dogerville NY. It's about $100. You can watch them do it the first time. They use Car Well, very similar to Known.

They have long wands that can spray deep into body cavaties.

Krown now has a dealer in NH. Before, the closest one was western NY. Maybe have them do the first treatment and locate the drilled holes and do it our self after with Fluid Film?

I like the idea of letting a shop do the first, for the drilling that I still can't bring myself to do...

I wound up buying a 5 gallon bucket of FF off Amazon. I figured I'd use it eventually. Bought their fancy sprayer too. Buy once, cry once, that sort of thing. Only thing I have to figure out is how to get FF out of the bucket and into the sprayer--I've been using a paint stirrer and it does not work well. Found some sort of bucket transfer pump to try out this year.

I bought one of those paper bunny suits that painters can wear, and use that when crawling under to spray.

FWIW, it will wash off pretty quick in high wash areas, like wheel wells.

Supton, try a plastic canning funnel and a kitchen ladle to transfer Fluid Film. A canning funnel is used to fill glass canning jars. The funnel just fits my sprayer jar. I take a big scoop of Fluid Film using a kitchen ladle, then drop it into the funnel. No drips, quick and easy. I keep all my Fluid Film equipment in a big plastic bag to keep it from attracting dust.

Originally Posted By: supton
I bought one of those paper bunny suits that painters can wear, and use that when crawling under to spray.

I wear them sometimes during certain pesticide application. Sta-puff marshmallow man is a also a suitable description.

Once you buy the fluid film gun you'll get the plastic bottles to fill up. I use a paint stirrer on my drill to mix it up before pouring into the bottles get a cheap laddle and funell to fill them up. The good thing with fluid film is that it doesn't drip on you or the driveway when you are spraying. Krown or Carwell will stop for a few weeks everywhere.

I use krown and it’s been holding up great. I also por15 the underbody of the truck as well. That will keep everything nice looking as well.

Originally Posted By: Donald
You can drive to Rust Cop Shop in Dogerville NY. It's about $100. You can watch them do it the first time. They use Car Well, very similar to Known.

That’s about a half hour from me. I know several people who have gone there. Great results.

Originally Posted By: stcif
Originally Posted By: Donald

That’s about a half hour from me. I know several people who have gone there. Great results.

If it was half an hour from me I might go 2x a year, spring and fall at least for my F250. Its a little over an hour so I go once a year.

Originally Posted By: mez
Do you need to do the yearly treatment?

I did till a few year ago, but now I've stopped, there is no sense in continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back