Your favorite motor flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not looking to debate the merits or potential "dangers" of the chemical motor flush, but out of curiosity, what is your favorite and why? 5 minute motor flush? Kerosene? Kreen? Liqui-moly? ATF? Diesel?

There are big differences in price point and availability between all of these, so wondering why you may prefer one over another?

a few cycles of PYB is all I use
smile.gif

Liqui-Moly seems to have a good reputation as quality product, so that's what I'd use if I ever wanted to flush, like on that 40k OCI Cobalt

But otherwise, I would just do a few short OCI's

Originally Posted By: Billbert
HDEO plus MMO

I have used MMO in 20% concentration in the past, not as a flush but as a passive cleaner and left it in for the entire OCI. I dont think it is strong enough to meet the flush category, but for repetitive use over long periods it has always given me good results.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Liqui-Moly seems to have a good reputation as quality product, so that's what I'd use if I ever wanted to flush, like on that 40k OCI Cobalt

But otherwise, I would just do a few short OCI's

This is for more than just the 40k OCI Cobalt but I agree with your approach.

I have seen people here swear by liqui moly, but I have always used 5 minute (only thing readily available at wally world or parts house.)

IIRC 5 minute is just a mixture of mineral spirits and kerosene.

Besides being German, what sets liqui-moly apart from the competition?

Last edited:
4 ounces of kerosene, run for 100 miles, and then an oil change. I do this every 30,0000 miles on a 1.8t Passat.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Not looking to debate the merits or potential "dangers" of the chemical motor flush, but out of curiosity, what is your favorite and why? 5 minute motor flush? Kerosene? Kreen? Liqui-moly? ATF? Diesel?

There are big differences in price point and availability between all of these, so wondering why you may prefer one over another?

5k-7k with a brand name synthetic …so you don’t need the little cans …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: jk_636

5k-7k with a brand name synthetic …so you don’t need the little cans …

This doesn't mean you wont need little cans later.

The only engine flush I ever used was Mac's, sold at Napa and made by Gold Eagle. Used it in the 1960's on a 1940's Farmall Cub and a 1960 Willys pickup. Napa still carries Mac's. It's probably mostly kerosene. It did a decent job then.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
a few cycles of PYB is all I use
smile.gif

What is in Pennzoil that any other equally rated oil lacks ?

I used MMO a few months ago in my Rav4. Don't think it did anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back