New Car- Luxury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
In the market for a new car or SUV
Looking for the smoothest, quietest ride, with super comfortable seats made for an actual human.
Don't like wind noise at all. I find Ford seats horrible. They are just stiff and bad on the back.

Looking for durability and prestige is of no interest.
Anything from $25K to $75K is okay.
I'd like to see over 20mpg highway as a minimum.

I'm guessing Lexus will be a solid choice.

If its a car it must be 4 door.
Thanks

If you want a smooth ride, there's the Mercedes E300. I believe you can get airmatic as an option for a smooth ride. It's expensive when it goes though, probably not for 100k or more though.

It's hard to beat a lease return LS-460. Totally quiet, smooth, and comfortable. Rode in a friend's from Denver to Mesquite and back for golf fun. We even got over 30 MPG and we weren't sparing the ponies.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
Anything from $25K to $75K is okay.

Wow! I had never heard it like that before.

Yeah I know- lol

You're right and thanks for the suggestions above
I thought there maybe a sleeper like a v6 Impala or maybe the Avalon etc.

But at the same time if I have to pay, I have to.

Like hybrids. I have had many but some are torture chambers.
You don't buy a high mpg car if it ain't comfortable? Usually you buy it because you're on the road a ton.

Sometimes you don't know how bad they are until you live with them.

Originally Posted By: RoadDukie
It's hard to beat a lease return LS-460. Totally quiet, smooth, and comfortable. Rode in a friend's from Denver to Mesquite and back for golf fun. We even got over 30 MPG and we weren't sparing the ponies.

I'll have to look at that too- especially certified like Lexus and Merc's
I do like the LS

But the LS460 is plagued with wind noise where the side mirrors are. Lexus has yet to fix that issue or rather they turned a blind eye to it.....

I read the Lincoln Continental reviews and they say it is so much better than BMW-Merc- and so on.
I once had a new LS V8 and loved the car but the ride was stiff as a board and the seats were made for a 100 pound lady
Most of these people never owned the other cars they are comparing either.

OP, look into a 2018 Acura RLX Sports hybrid. Very quiet, smooth and gets excellent gas mileage. No wind noise at all. I drove from MA to MD and I did that drive straight 6 hours and change and my body was just fine after it. No aches or pains. Suffice to say I love this car.

Originally Posted By: deven

But the LS460 is plagued with wind noise where the side mirrors are. Lexus has yet to fix that issue or rather they turned a blind eye to it.....

Good to know- thanks
stuff like that would bother me a bit!

Originally Posted By: Zee09

I'll have to look at that too- especially certified like Lexus and Merc's
I do like the LS

Oh yeah with Mercedes, they come with a 4 year/50k warranty. If the car is under that, you can get an extended warranty from MB for up to 7 years/100k so it's almost like a new car warranty. Or if you buy it CPO, it comes with 1 year, but you can buy 2 additional years for a total of 3 years unlimited miles. If it still has some factory warranty on it, you then the time of the original warranty and 3 years of warranty after that.

Can never get over the ugly grill that Lexus has.

Originally Posted By: deven
OP, look into a 2018 Acura RLX Sports hybrid. Very quiet, smooth and gets excellent gas mileage. No wind noise at all. I drove from MA to MD and I did that drive straight 6 hours and change and my body was just fine after it. No aches or pains. Suffice to say I love this car.

I'm going to look that up now. I owned Acura's since 1986
You know the roads here then-thanks

For comfort, quietness, safety, and pure luxury, I don't think anything compares to a Mercedes. As others said you can get an off lease as new Mercedes for half the price of new and still have factory warranty. I paid 28K for a Mercedes that cost $60K new, perfect as new condition.

Drive an E class Mercedes. Even a C class is very nice for less.

Here's where I bought mine. They just get best off lease cars all in like new condition.
They have 47 C and E class cars:
https://www.autosofdallas.com/used-mercedes-benz-plano-tx?_gmod%5B0%5D=Dfe_Modules_VehiclePrice_Module&_gmod%5B1%5D=Dfe_Modules_CustomizePayment_Module&direction=asc&model%5B0%5D=C-Class&model%5B1%5D=E-Class&sf=sf_make%2Csf_model&_=1532369679561&sort=Sfield_Price

Probably nothing about cars more subjective that seat fit. Example, the RAV forums were full of people hating the 2013-15 RAV seats, but my wife and I both found them fine even for 450 mile days.

Sounds like you're looking for what we called a floater, better put Caddies on your list. With your wide purchase price range you've got a lot of seats to try!

Originally Posted By: mclasser
The Volvo S90 oozes comfort and luxury.

Yeah but OP wants reliability
Originally Posted By: Zee09

Looking for durability and prestige is of no interest.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Lexus IS 350

No, that car isn't comfy. If you want a comfy Lexus, either an ES of LS is what you want.
The IS is designed against the BMW 3 series, so everything is more "sport" oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back