What is the longest you have had a car battery las

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

I have an O'Reillys Super Start battery in my 92 Cavalier that has been in the car since about June of 2009. The date sticker says E9 which I assume means in was made in May of 09. I keep waiting for it to die but it never does. It was the top of the line Super Start back when I bought it new.

What is the longest life have you gotten out of a battery?

MIL's lesabre went 12 years with the original battery under the rear seat.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
MIL's lesabre went 12 years with the original battery under the rear seat.

Wow, that is quite a long time. This is the longest I've ever had a battery last. Most are done in 3-5 years.

I still have the original battery in my Mercedes. Has an 11/2007 date code on it. It's in the trunk though so it doesn't get as hot. The voltage seems to be holding up fine, I usually take a look at it in the winter. It's an AGM battery though, they're supposed to last longer.

My boat batteries last the longest. I am always doing something and never get the boat in the water. It stays on its trailer year after year. The battery stays in the basement on a BatteryMinder.

You did not ask how much use I get out of a battery!!

A Diehard Gold lasted me just over 13 years. I've had the best luck with them, I had another last about 12 years.

Apparently Colorado is easy on batteries. My batteries routinely last 9 to 11 years. Both cars and motorcycles. I do keep Schumacher 1.5 amp battery maintainers on everything though. That helps a lot!
Duke

The OEM battery in my Club Sport lasted over 10 years/100k miles. I wound up replacing it as a precaution.

The first three batteries of my Mazda (the OE Panasonic, a Kmart made by Delco, and a WalMart by Richardson) went a total of 21½ years. Subsequent ones made by Richardson had much shorter lives, and were obnoxiously messy.

The motorcraft battery in my truck was replaced at 11 years due to not wanting to be stranded. That truck still has the original starter and serpentine belt.

Back around 1999 or so I bought an exide orbital agm battery. It was the only one around and had been sitting on the shelf 13 months. It lasted 90 months after purchase in my desert environment.

It died without any warning. I replaced it with an optima. That one lasted 7.5 years. I replaced it due to age and a slightly low CCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back