Weber gas grills & Weber 10 yr warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a $500 Weber grill at HD. Comes with a 10yr warranty. Great as my prior grills rust out and the parts cost more than a new grill. Questioned Weber and the 10 yr is for manufacturing defects. The warranty excludes normal wear and tear. I assume rusting out is considered normal wear and tear?

Anyone have experience with a Weber grill getting a rusted out part fixed under warranty?

It might be better to buy the $150 grills and use them until they fall apart. Then buy a new one.

My favorite time is when I fill the rusted out grill with charcoal and use it one last time!!

We have a Webber charcoal grill and it's at least 5 years old and still in good shape. The cooking grate has rusted once and I just replaced it. I would think if you keep it covered when not in use then you'll be good.

From personal experience: All these "Brands" that are sold by the big stores are ESPECIALLY made for them and DO NOT have all the features of the same product sold by dedicated stores. If I were you I'd go to a BBQ store and buy it there.

Originally Posted By: Billbert
I have had a number of different brands of BBQs over the years. The Weber has been the best

+1

I've had mine about 9 years now and I replaced the grids 2x cause I have the cheap ones. It cooks great tho.

I have a Weber Genesis Gold I bought in 2002 from HD. At year 7 or 8, the igniter pooped out. They gave me TWO, free, no questions asked.

Finally 2 years ago I rebuilt it, replaced the grills and burners and (free) igniter and thermometer. 16+ years, still. The thing works like a champ.

Originally Posted By: Pelican
From personal experience: All these "Brands" that are sold by the big stores are ESPECIALLY made for them and DO NOT have all the features of the same product sold by dedicated stores. If I were you I'd go to a BBQ store and buy it there.

My parents thought they were the greatest bargain shoppers the world had ever seen when they bought a big box grill from Lowes in the US to replace their 20 year old Broil-King. One of the sides has never ignited and it is way inferior in almost every way.

I have had just about every grill over the last 50 years. The only one that holds up is the Weber but I must say $500 must be their low end product. I spent about $750 7 or 8 years ago. All stainless. Like others said the igniter we out in a few years.

I bought a weber silver genesis in 2004. replaced the grills about 4 years ago with the stainless ones. replaced the igniter and burners a couple years ago. it's been sitting on my deck in the open for the last 8 years. I think it was well worth the purchase.

the weakest parts are the flame covers and the drip pan.

bought it from lowes.

This thread definitely interests me.

Weber IMO is the best out there. I bought a little $30 Weber charcoal grille for picnics and camping and it's built just like the $300 vertical smokers and larger charcoal grills. Growing up, the 'rents had nothing but Weber too. They've had one for about 15 years or so and had to replace the "above burner" angle iron about 5 years in. NO other complains.

Price wise, how do they compare with others?

What's everyone's feelings on Broil King's? I had an old Imperial that was gifted to me, and by god it was a nice grill. Eventually the burners and manifold wore out, at around 15 years old.

Looks like a new Imperial runs about $2,300 now... Jeeze!

I have a Weber Genesis 1000 that was built in 1999 and is still going strong. I replaced the grates, gas tubes, and flavorizer bars with stainless steel ones a few years back.

The nice thing about Weber is that you can still get parts for years and they have some of the best customer service.

I currently have 10 different Weber grills with one of the oldest being a 1995 Performer charcoal grill.

With all that being said, I think most of the Weber Gas grills are made in China now so I don't know how the quality is. I still wouldn't hesitate to buy one because Weber stands behind their product.

I have a Weber Genesis and LOVE it. The tub and lid are aluminum, it will not rust away. The internal parts will rust away and need replaced, BUT Weber grills are completely rebuildable. You can buy every single part for a 20 year old Weber and refurbish it to new, for much less than buying a new one. Take that into account, and they are fantastic deals.

My graits were rusty and need replaced, at about 3 years old or so. The very helpful customer service person explained to me that I had probably installed them upside down, and they rust out fast upside down. I checked, and he was right. He still sent me new graits for free to replace the rusty ones. The replacements are still In good condition, after I made sure they were installed the right way.

In my experience you can't go wrong with a Weber.

I had a basic Weber Genesis, about as cheap a gas grill as they sold. In my single days it was my main cooking appliance. After about 6 years of hard use, it needed the burners, flavorizor bars,and ignitors replaced. I wrote to Weber and asked them if they still sold the parts for it since it was at least a couple of years out of warranty. They sent me everything, I mean everything, at no charge.

I will never buy any other grill.

I’ve got a Weber a Genesis Sliver that I’ve had for 15-17 years. I replaced the flavorizer bars with stainless ones about 8 years ago and just replaced the igniter for the first time yesterday. I’ll never buy anything other than a Weber

I have a Weber Genisis and do not know the model but it was about $1000.00 and I have had it about 8 years. Absolutely no problems and I love it. It's the stainless steel one with three burners. I am on the second grill cover and that is all it has needed. Even the igniter still works after all these years and I use it about 3 times a week weather permitting.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: Pelican

My parents thought they were the greatest bargain shoppers the world had ever seen when they bought a big box grill from Lowes in the US to replace their 20 year old Broil-King. One of the sides has never ignited and it is way inferior in almost every way.

That goes for everything they sell. These "Brands" don't appreciate the damage they do to their name, they only look at the next quarter's bottom line.

20+ yrs old Weber Genesis... stays outside year-round (Northeast). It looks worse for wear, but still functions well. In all that time we had to replace the wooden slats and flavorizer bars.

We have a 13 year old Weber Genesis Silver grill. It had all stainless flavorizer bars, etc... in it stock and they have never been changed.

Those of you saying all the parts available have obviously not had a frame component rust out. At this point, the entire bottom piece is rusted out, and the doors no longer stay in as the bottom piece they connect to has rusted out completely. Other portions of the frame are doing the same.

And before anyone says it, the grill has lived its entire life on my deck, and is covered when not in use.

So, I've enjoyed using it and grilling on it, and it has lasted 3 years longer than any other grill I've used, so I'm happy, but am definitely not getting the life some other users are out of theirs.

I did the "buy the cheap grill and replace every 2 years" bit, then I bought a Weber Genesis about 14 years ago. I just made the first repair recently when the igniters went out. Like everybody else says, buy the Weber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back