How is your MLB baseball team doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Yankees are 2nd place, 3.5 games back from the Red Sox. 1st in the Wild Card though.

4.5 games after today's games.

Originally Posted By: deven
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Red Sox doing really good. Hitting homers like crazzy. Other night, grand slam walkoff. maybe best Red sox team ever. Yankees nipping at their heels though. Gonna be a battle. NE may have 3 championship teams in different sports this year.

Our bumbling Detroit Tigers really do miss your David Dombrowski. Boston was the perfect spot for Dombrowski to land next.

Wishing / hoping the Red Sox win the World Series this season........... and next season. Tigers have no chance whatsoever.

The problem with Dave Dombrowski is that he doesn't build the farm system but he depletes it. He did that in Detroit and now you guys are seeing the reprecussions of it. When the Red Sox hired Dombrowski the Red Sox farm system was rated the 2nd best in the majors. In little over 2 years it is now 24th. Red Sox are built to win now. In 2 to 3 years they may be nothing because they have the highest payroll and may not be able to extend the contracts of their young core players like Betts, Boagerts and Benintendi.

So true it's not even funny....

I predict both the Red Soxs and Yankees will win over 100 games each even though they are in the same divison. This will be the first since 1947 for the Sox to do so.While, living in up State NY saw many minor league games at East field in Glens Falls NY. now in Ct. I catch the Hartford Goats at Donkin Doughtnets Park,90% of the games are sell outs !

Originally Posted By: Patman
My Toronto Blue Jays have no chance of making it into the post season whatsoever this year, they are in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox. They made the postseason in 2015 and 2016 (and made it to the ALCS both times) and that was a lot of fun, I went to all of those post season home games. But new management took over after that and instead of adding the right pieces to make them even better for 2017, they tried to run the team on a lower budget and made the team much worse. Now they completely stink, and will probably not have any post season appearances anytime in the next 5 seasons either
frown.gif
I hate to sound like a fair weather fan, but I've almost completely lost interest in watching them play. I was a season ticket holder and used to see 30+ home games a year, I'd watch most of the others on TV and my wife and I would even travel to see them play in other stadiums too (we went to Baltimore, Yankee Stadium, Comerica Park) This year I've only seen 2 home games and don't even watch on TV anymore.

Yep, when Anthopoulos left that was the beginning of the end, imo. Also letting Encarnacion go was a huge mistake. Imo, he was the key piece to the Jays success prior to his exit. If you look back, although they have a lot of injuries, they have basically done nothing since he signed with Cleveland.
I'll check out Indian games more, when I can, compared to Jay games.

I agree, getting rid of EE was a HUGE mistake! I blame his agent for that one, as Toronto offered him pretty much the same deal that he ended up getting in Cleveland, but his agent turned it down initially thinking he could get him more. In fact I believe Toronto's offer was a bit better, it was $20 million a year for 4 years, vs $20 million a year for 3 years that he got in Cleveland.

AA mostly knew how to run the Jays properly, although he did make a few bonehead moves (like trading away Noah Syndergaurd for RA Dickey, and also the Troy Tulowitski deal)

Originally Posted By: Patman
I agree, getting rid of EE was a HUGE mistake! I blame his agent for that one, as Toronto offered him pretty much the same deal that he ended up getting in Cleveland, but his agent turned it down initially thinking he could get him more. In fact I believe Toronto's offer was a bit better, it was $20 million a year for 4 years, vs $20 million a year for 3 years that he got in Cleveland.

AA mostly knew how to run the Jays properly, although he did make a few bonehead moves (like trading away Noah Syndergaurd for RA Dickey, and also the Troy Tulowitski deal)

Yeah, definitely EE's agent had something to do with that, but I thought the Jays reacted rather quickly replacing him? We'll likely never know the whole story, but I know my heart sank when I heard he wouldn't be back.

I wasn't aware the Jays had Noah Syndergaard in their possession at one time. Definitely a bad move there! I never ever liked Dickey, thought he was pretty much finished when he came to the Jays.

I noticed the Red Sox do better when I don't watch them. They have a young, fast, hard hitting buncha guys. And a closer who looks like Willy on the Simpsons
grin2.gif

Surprisingly, the Phillies are leading the NL East by half a game. Hopefully we make another world series run this year.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Another? Phillies haven't been running around in a World Series game for nine years now.

At what point can I not say another? I thought as long as they had one, another was grammatically correct.

Nine years in MLB is a complete 25-man roster change most times. Once team core/chemistry undergoes changes, then ''another'' seems so distant / far removed / in the rear view mirror / past history.....etc....etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back