Censored for [censored]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was censored for the word Hel, I didn't create the word. So I now expect the word "Heaven" to be censored as well!

I'm sorry but I understand curse words, but this is ridiculous! The context was Walmart!

Censored,

Pajero!

I also want to keep this site upscale, so cuss words, words sexual in nature or just plain gutter talk is not welcome to my way of thinks. Ed

You agreed not to use curse words when you signed up.

You used a curse word.

You got censored.

Why the confusion?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Along similar lines, the word God is not censored, but A-l-l-a-h is.

And Merry Christmas is fine, but Eid Mubarak gets locked and deleted instantly.

And there's at least one mod with a history of posting and sustaining political threads, and then blaming members for the infraction.

I do like the forum moderation here generally, but it's clearly biased.

Yup, I love this site for it's strict filtering.
I don't have to worry about my wife or kids walking up behind me seeing something inappropriate (and yes, I feel any swearing is inappropriate).

Astro14,

Please show me where I have cursed? I've never used a dirty/obscene word on the internet much less this website. I've had dirty oil check out my UOA. Never sir!

I do agree about keeping the board clean. Ms.Helen has that right and I commend her for that.

Censored,

Pajero!

I've never understood why some people can't converse without swearing. If I swore in my job, they would fire me for being unprofessional.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Please show me where I have cursed? I've never used a dirty/obscene word on the internet much less this website. I've had dirty oil check out my UOA. Never sir!

I do agree about keeping the board clean. Ms.Helen has that right and I commend her for that.

It's just a word filter. One way or another, not everyone is going to agree with what should or should not be filtered. All we can do is accept it for what it is and work with it, and move on.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Pajero

It's just a word filter. One way or another, not everyone is going to agree with what should or should not be filtered. All we can do is accept it for what it is and work with it, and move on.
wink.gif

Good post. Can you imagine what BITOG would look like if we didn't have an automatic filter?

On a funny note,I have a friend and her last name is C-h-r-i-s-t,but pronounced "Crissed". Funny thing,her name is censored haha :p

What no "respectfully" here? (j/k)

My thought, if the word gets censored, point generally made with the [censored] anyway. And if interested it can be seen using quote feature.

Lastly, if this is the worst thing that happens in your day, not too bad a day imo.

Respectfully
Me
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back