equinox 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3330595/all/2013_Chevy_Equinox,_2.4L,_7,61

I know the above post is 4 years old, but I began wondering after reading it if it would be a good idea to run either M1 0W40 or Castrol 0W40 in my friends '15 Equinox with the 2.4 Ecotec, 37k miles, 2 years of warranty left. Seems like these engine really beqt up a Dexos 5W30. The vehicle in question is short tripped daily, with a long run here and there. I always change the oil when the OLM is between 30 and 40%, and I always use a Fram Ultra XG9018.

I already tried 0w40 on the Versa. Not munch change that I noticed. You can try it out.I did notice a bit of a decrease in gasoline consumption. Keep in mind I did this OCI in the winter months.

Last edited:
Considering how GM engines are known to eat timing chains I wouldn't hesitate. I have come to the conclusion that the Euro's have the right idea considering oil. Find an A3/B4 oil with 229.5, 502 00, A40, and possibly LL-01. Especially considering you are not likely to see -30F temps where you are.

I do see a few of these in the shops and I think it may be LSPI, as they always seem to have the engines out. Not as many as the Traverse, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back