How is your MLB baseball team doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pittsburgh Pirates well out of race; although they won 4 games in a row over the Brewers. Going for 5th straight win today. Of interest is that St. Louis Cardinals fired manager Mike Matheny
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Sox doing really good. Hitting homers like crazzy. Other night, grand slam walkoff. maybe best Red sox team ever. Yankees nipping at their heels though. Gonna be a battle. NE may have 3 championship teams in different sports this year.

My Toronto Blue Jays have no chance of making it into the post season whatsoever this year, they are in the same division as the Yankees and Red Sox. They made the post season in 2015 and 2016 (and made it to the ALCS both times) and that was a lot of fun, I went to all of those post season home games. But new management took over after that and instead of adding the right pieces to make them even better for 2017, they tried to run the team on a lower budget and made the team much worse. Now they completely stink, and will probably not have any post season appearances anytime in the next 5 seasons either
frown.gif
I hate to sound like a fair weather fan, but I've almost completely lost interest in watching them play. I was a season ticket holder and used to see 30+ home games a year, I'd watch most of the others on TV and my wife and I would even travel to see them play in other stadiums too (we went to Baltimore, Yankee Stadium, Comerica Park) This year I've only seen 2 home games and don't even watch on TV anymore.

Mets...……………………………...who have gone the way of the ’06 Jeep in my signature line.

I attended the 6th home game played at Camden Yards.
I attended the last Old Timer's Day/Game at the original Yankee Stadium.
I used to LOVE going to Glens Falls Tigers games.
I so want to see a game in Pittsburgh.
I'm the only person you'll meet who attended a SCHEDULED 9:45 AM game at The Kingdome (Seattle).
I eat my vegetables and am kind to animals.

I'm a Met fan and this is how I'm rewarded.

Like "Thelma & Louise" I have to follow them into the canyon.

LOL Kira. I feel your pain brutha.

All I can say is, this is why God invented alcohol.
grin.gif

BTW, I was at the first All Star game in the newly refurbished old Yankee Stadium in 1977, almost 41 years ago. Time sure flies by.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Red Sox doing really good. Hitting homers like crazzy. Other night, grand slam walkoff. maybe best Red sox team ever. Yankees nipping at their heels though. Gonna be a battle. NE may have 3 championship teams in different sports this year.

Our bumbling Detroit Tigers really do miss your David Dombrowski. Boston was the perfect spot for Dombrowski to land next.

Wishing / hoping the Red Sox win the World Series this season........... and next season. Tigers have no chance whatsoever.

Rangers are real bad.
A few yrs ago Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels had a power struggle and Nolan went to Houston.
Look at how that turned out.

Braves are doing much better than even they thought they were going to do so kinda surprised. Many knew they had some good young talent but did not think they would do this well so fast.

I also watch the Nationals since I live near DC and they are doing much worse that many thought. Pitching is doing well but their bats have gone cold.

Royals...Well...They're 27-68. Currently, they're the worst team in baseball. It's been a painful season but we knew going in that it would be bad.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

Our bumbling Detroit Tigers really do miss your David Dombrowski. Boston was the perfect spot for Dombrowski to land next.

Wishing / hoping the Red Sox win the World Series this season........... and next season. Tigers have no chance whatsoever.

The problem with Dave Dombrowski is that he doesn't build the farm system but he depletes it. He did that in Detroit and now you guys are seeing the reprecussions of it. When the Red Sox hired Dombrowski the Red Sox farm system was rated the 2nd best in the majors. In little over 2 years it is now 24th. Red Sox are built to win now. In 2 to 3 years they may be nothing because they have the highest payroll and may not be able to extend the contracts of their young core players like Betts, Boagerts and Benintendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back