Do you Bluetooth your phone and car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Bluetooth my phone when driving my wife's 2017 Mustang, as well as put my phone in Hands Free mode and activate the S Voice app.

My 2012 Ram has no Bluetooth capability, so I use just the Hands Free mode and S Voice app in it through the phone's speaker & mic. I had a Bluetooth ear piece for my prior flip phone but its tech never let me synch it with my current smartphone.

I use an older Samsung Note 3 phablet running Android.

Originally Posted By: DAC17
Great OP. I can't tell you how many idiots I see running around in newer BMW's, Mercedes, etc. holding their phone in their hand while they're driving. People can make Facebook sing, but can't take 20 seconds to sync a phone. I'll never understand.

How will other drivers see the cutting board size gold iPhone they bought if it's not plastered to their ear?!

There are Bluetooth adapters that pair to the phone and transmit on FM radio. That's what I use on cars that don't have Bluetooth.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Can't with my flip phone. ...
Both flip phones I've had claim Bluetooth capability. So does my 7-year-old car.

None of my vehicles has any bluetooth capability. If they did, not sure I would do it. Driving is a mean for me to get away from everything. I simply ignore calls and notifications until I reach my destination. When I drive, my phone does not exist and I like that.

My Focus and F150 both have aftermarket decks with Bluetooth. I use them all the time to stream music, and taking phone calls. I can turn up the volume enough to hear the caller. I can also charge my phone wirelessly, so I can click the phone into the mount and go, no fiddling with plugs.

The F150 was a recent install, as the tape deck seemed to have failed after 24 years. I was using a tape adapter to play music. Walmart Dual deck for $20, $10 for the wiring harness. To me it is a good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back