Valvetrain pic 2002 Golf TDI with 195k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
31yf2mbagr611.jpg

Was almost hoping to see a little scoring or wear on the cams or lifters to account for the higher iron on my last report, but it all looks pretty decent. May swap it out for a Colt stage 2 and coated lifters at the next timing belt change, but still have a few years.

Originally Posted By: Audios
31yf2mbagr611.jpg

Was almost hoping to see a little scoring or wear on the cams or lifters to account for the higher iron on my last report, but it all looks pretty decent. May swap it out for a Colt stage 2 and coated lifters at the next timing belt change, but still have a few years.

wear on the cams? What engine do you think you have? a 2004+ BEW?

Ive mostly used M1 TDT 5/40 for 5k intervals, I did one or two with T6. Trying Motorcraft HDEO 10/30 for this run. Bought the car at 150, previous owner probably did 10k. Intake was cooked clean right when I got it, along with timing belt, water pump etc, suspension, glass headlight lenses, nozzles and adjusted injection quantity to account. We absolutely love this little car, 47 mpg on mostly highway tanks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
31yf2mbagr611.jpg

wear on the cams? What engine do you think you have? a 2004+ BEW?

At 200k things wear, Ive seen lifters wear and score cams on these as well, especially with poor maintenance.

Ive mostly used M1 TDT 5/40 for 5k intervals, I did one or two with T6. Trying Motorcraft HDEO 10/30 for this run. Bought the car at 150, previous owner probably did 10k. Intake was cooked clean right when I got it, along with timing belt, water pump etc, suspension, glass headlight lenses, nozzles and adjusted injection quantity to account. We absolutely love this little car, 47 mpg on mostly highway tanks.

Thanks.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back