New key programming cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, I'm going back to live under a rock. Oh what a joy it was: I wanted a couple of spares to my Camry, and they cost like $1.50 each to make.

Do all cars today have something in the key? I recall test driving the Versa and it seemed to have a very simple key.

This thread is the reason why I keep up with the original factory keys like gold and I won't buy a used vehicle unless the seller has BOTH factory key fobs/remotes.

Way too much trouble/cost for me to do otherwise.

Just wait until you get a keyless push button start and need a new fob. Hyundai charges $60 to program it. It has to be done with their software, usually and they have to call Hyundai to get a PIN; and no more than two per vehicle. New FOB is $+100.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Just wait until you get a keyless push button start and need a new fob. Hyundai charges $60 to program it. It has to be done with their software, usually and they have to call Hyundai to get a PIN; and no more than two per vehicle. New FOB is $+100.

I have that in both my cars. It's a Mercedes though, you order the keys from the dealer but it takes a couple of days to get them. They're around $500 for the keyless go keys. Someone mentioned that the newer model has a newer style key that's $750. Haven't lost a key yet. It's a fun option though, put your hand in the door handle and it unlocks, get in and push the button. Saves you about 3 seconds not having to fish the key out or put it in the ignition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back