Hail damage means newer vehicle time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've just replaced the hood, blended the front end paint and PDR'd the rest. With old cars you're usually better off DIYing stuff like this instead of getting insurance involved.

Dang, looks way nicer than my car. But would buying it back "pay off"? I mean, lots of good parts (outside of sheetmetal), so would buyback be that low?

Originally Posted By: supton
Dang, looks way nicer than my car. But would buying it back "pay off"? I mean, lots of good parts (outside of sheetmetal), so would buyback be that low?

It has 117,000 miles on a 2008. It would have been interesting to know what the buy back would be.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Kestas
We had a big hail event on May 15, 1983. A lot of cars were damaged at dealerships. The automakers didn't let dealers sell them at a loss, citing it would be bad PR to have a slew of these pockmarked cars on the road for the next 10-15 years.

Yet their peeling clear coat doesn't matter.

So 1983, I'm going to say more dealerships of american cars than foreign existed. With that said, I just think its funny anyone even got the words out of 1983 and cars lasting 10-15 years. The american offering was weak, built to die at 60k-100k, with problems, to keep you coming back for more. They should have been worried about building a car that lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back