Hard To Beat Meguiar's Ultimate Wax !

Status
Not open for further replies.
For an off the shelf sealant - it's hard to beat Meguiar's Ultimate Wax as an all around sealant. It DOES NOT stain , is easy to apply / remove , gives decent protection and lasts at least 2 ~ 3 months - lastly the price is in line ... One of the few sealants also noted as being used by pro detailers and I can pick it up at any WM ! ... Perhaps best around , easy to obtain paint sealant (and ditto for the Meguiar's ultimate polish ) .

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
For an off the shelf sealant - it's hard to beat Meguiar's Ultimate Wax as an all around sealant. It DOES NOT stain , is easy to apply / remove , gives decent protection and lasts at least 2 ~ 3 months - lastly the price is in line ... One of the few sealants also noted as being used by pro detailers and I can pick it up at any WM ! ... Perhaps best around , easy to obtain paint sealant (and ditto for the Meguiar's ultimate polish ) .

Based on repeated firsthand experience...we'd agree. It's one of the easiest to apply and gets some of the best results. They claim it lasts up to 6 months...but I never make it that long without doing another full detail (therapeutic
grin.gif
).

Recently tried (for the first time) the Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer on top of it...and the shine is stunning...now have 2 layers of protection (including UV) as well.

The owner at the nearby hand car wash says my SUV is "at the top of all the vehicles he sees come in for a wash". He's asked me what products I use...and now he's using it too.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
No thanks....I'll stick with NuFinish since it's cheaper and lasts longer.

If you've found a product that you like then that's wonderful, but NuFinish is a very outdated product as this point, and the modern synthetic waxes (sealants) are top notch in terms of gloss and durability while also being easier to remove than ever before.

It doesn't last that long...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Long enough till the next application
cheers3.gif

Classic case of "you get what you pay for" - cheap indeed. Yuck. That over-hyped gooey gunk isn't even close to Meguiar's in ease of application, easy of wipe-off, quality sealing, and avoidance of any residue.

Pro detailers have known Megiuars products do a fantastic job for years, but almost no pro detailer with a conscience would ever even consider using that orange bottle goop. Not even in the same league as Meguiar's.

Ultimate liquid streaked when I used it. Ultimate paste didn't but would stain trim if not wiped off before long. This observation was several years ago. The paste was a real pleasure in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: hummdrumm
Ultimate liquid streaked when I used it. Ultimate paste didn't but would stain trim if not wiped off before long.

Yea... that stuff is complete [censored]....just get some NF and be done with it. Your just paying for fancy packaging.

FK1000. Same work, less money, made by Meguiars brother and longer lasting protection for cars stored outside.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Ive never noted any basis that any of these products last that long out in the elements. And Im not in that extreme of a climate.

At least by the beading tests, unless a vehicle is stored inside like 99.9% of its life, any of these products seem to last 1-2 months, max.

HydrO2 and related products seem to fare the best IME.

*Does it stain trim ?
Originally Posted By: 007

FK1000. Same work, less money, made by Meguiars brother and longer lasting protection for cars stored outside.

Meguiar's Ultimate Sealant may be the best "off the shelf" sealant that is easy to apply , easy to remove , doesn't stain trim and can last 3 ~ 4+ months ... *What are similar liquid sealants similar if not better that you buy on - line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back