Motomaster Supreme 10W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian Tire Corporation Motomaster Supreme 10W30 SM GF-3/4. I have to disagree with the "Odor Normal" as this oil smells bad.

code:

Oil Brand: Motomaster

Oil Series: Supreme

Oil SAE J300: 10W40

API SX: SM GF-3/4

Antimony Sb NR

Cadmium Cd NR

Vanadium V 0.1

Aluminum Al 0.9

Chromium Cr 0.2

Iron Fe 0.6

Copper Cu 0.2

Lead Pb 0.6

Tin Sn 0.0

Molybdenum Mo 27

Nickel 0.0

Manganese Mn 0.1

Silver Ag 0.3

Titanium Ti 0.1

Potassium K 2.6

Boron B 172

Silicon Si 4.4

Sodium Na 0.0

Calcium Ca 1552

Magnesium Mg 5.7

Phosporus P 446

Zinc Zn 566

Sulfur 2296

Barium Ba 0.1

cST @ 100 C 66.3

cST @ 100 C 10.6

Viscosity Index 148

Water Negative

Appearance Normal

Odor Normal

TAN 1.94

Wear Check comments: The iron level is marginal. There is a moderate concentration of dirt present in the oil. The oil viscosity is lower than typical, possibly indicating the addition of lighter grade oil.

Is this a UOA or a VOA?
Why would there be dirt in virgin oil?
Oh, and where did you get the analysis done?
canada.gif
And how much did it cost?

This is a VOA of 10W30, not 10W40; I've got to start triple-checking what I do for the data entry.

I'm not sure why there is dirt in the sample, I opened the bottle of oil, opened the sample bottle, and poured the oil into it, then capped the sample bottle. It seems like the dirt is there from the bottling process???

The analysis was done by Wear Check in Mississauga, ON; sorry I forgot to add that in the original post. I've no idea how much it cost as I bought the kits last year. I also sent a VOA to Toromont-CAT in Orillia, ON, so I'll post those results when I receive them.

The levels of additive in this VOA look nothing like those in my UOA...

Yea, the additives are nothing like what you saw in your UOA which is strange.

Still not a bad oil for the price though when it is on sale.

VOA by CAT Toromont

code:

Oil Brand: Motomaster

Oil Series: Supreme

Oil SAE J300: 10W30

API SX: SM GF-3/4

Antimony Sb NR

Cadmium Cd NR

Vanadium V NR

Aluminum Al 3

Chromium Cr 0

Iron Fe 13

Copper Cu 4

Lead Pb 0

Tin Sn 0

Molybdenum Mo 40

Nickel 0

Manganese Mn NR

Silver Ag 0

Titanium Ti NR

Potassium K 2

Boron B NR

Silicon Si 12

Sodium Na 3

Calcium Ca NR

Magnesium Mg NR

Phosporus P NR

Zinc Zn 862

Barium Ba NR

cSt @ 100 C 10.5

TBN 8.0

AntiFreeze Negative

Fuel Dilution Negative

Water Negative

This VOA was taken from the same bottle at the same time as the WearCheck one. For some reason it took a little longer to get to my mailbox.

Please note that the 1st cSt on the WearCheck VOA above should be listed as cSt @ 40 C 66.3.

The sulfur levels on two Mobil 1 UOA's on my ZZR250 were quite high, 2590 and 2405, and the used oil didn't stink like this new oil. Could it be a synthetic compared to conventional issue?

If I recall, sulfur level is tied to the Group level of the oil. Group I has the highest allowable sulfur level, which might say something about this oil.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Guys, thanks for the comments on sources of sulfur.

dave1251 : It is 10W30; I corrected myself in my 2nd post of this thread. This is a VOA of 10W30, not 10W40; I attempted to correct my typo but was unable to
confused.gif
shocked.gif
Both of the VOA's are 10W30, they are from the same bottle and were poured into their respective sample bottles at the same time.

BlazerLT : CAT-Toromont does not test for calcium. As stated before here on BITOG, their tests do seem lacking in the elemental results of their spectroscopy tests
frown.gif
I'll be using WearCheck after I use up my CAT-Toromont kits.

I guess these analyses can outline the variances in results from different labs?
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back