SILICON 20
SODIUM 159
CALCIUM 216
MAGNESIUM 133
PHOSPHORUS 2286
ZINC 356
BARIUM 2
FLASH POINT 375

The viscosity was too thick for a test, so they just listed as "THICK". And they noticed that the additive was very tacky. Let me know what you all think.

It doesn't seem as well 'balanced' as VSOT - massive moly, and fairly low numbers of everything else. Also, do we know what 'type' of moly is in it? Is it the solid stuff like in Mr. Moly, or is it soluable moly, like VSOT, MLEP, and others?

Yeah VSOT is a better buy than Tufoil. The Tufoil lists at $12.50 for 8 ounce bottle. It's cheaper if you buy in bulk, but still expensive.

quote:

This product also has a load of PTFE (Teflon) in it.

I know that the product claims to have PTFE in it, but does that show in the analysis? I know that they claimed that adding the Moly to PTFE will make the additive more slippery. I have several bottles, so I will try it out on my MR2 and see if there are any improvements in gas mileage.

quote:

This product has a boat load of PHOSPHORUS,
which may or may not hurt the Catalytic COnverter.

Bill, my car does not burn a lot of oil. So will it still be a problem for the cat? I put in 4 oz in my engine with 100K miles this afternoon to try it out. I will report my findings.

Posted by Johnny:

quote:

This product also has a load of PTFE (Teflon) in it.

Gee, that's funny, if PTFE is SO Slick , why the need for the 'MOLYBDENUM'
rolleyes.gif

george,

I wish I knew if that much would hurt a cat. but I don't,
the latest oils have around 800ppm of Phosphorous?
There are threads here on BITOG that speak of damaging the Cat. with oils that have more then 1000ppm of Phosphorous, some think it is nothing to worry about, I haven't read where someone was told by the dealer that their Cat. was killed because of Phosphorous ingestion.
Tufoil has more then two times the limit allowed for engine oils.

By the way, Phosphorous is a friction modifier,
if PTFE is so slick how come so much Phosphorous needs to be added to Tufoil?
I wonder if Tufoil is relying on the Phosphorous and Moly to do the work of the PTFE and just using the name PTFE because of its reputation?

I find it funny that a oil additive that has PTFE in it has so much Moly and Phos in the mixture
grin.gif

PTFE may not show up in a low cost OA. A solids % would have been a dead giveaway, or an F determination.

I wouldn't sweat the P amount, how big is the jug? 8 oz? 12 oz? It will be diluted back. Beside, the P poisoning of cats is way overblown. P can be a FM, but typically it's an AW agent.

I too would like to know the form of Mo, boy that is a butt load of Mo.

Bill, based on what I've read about Tufoil, the special mix that they have come up with (Moly, Phos, PTFE) is actually slicker than PTFE alone. They have a record in Guinness Book of World Records for being the most efficient lubricant. I have not researched the record, but if I find a link I will post it.

Pablo, I have the 8 oz bottles. Because of the small engine (1.6L), I am only using 4 oz. Can you clarify what you meant by "solids %"? Because the report had a Insolubles of 0.5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back