How often do you wear a seat belt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know it is the law and the smart thing to do but many forget or chose not to.

I probably wear mine 98-99% of the time.

100%. No matter the front or back seat too.

Last edited:
100%...
I tried to not wear it from the letter box to the house letterbox in back lane) a few weeks ago, and got maybe 20 feet.

Always while actually driving. Maybe when shuttling cars in and out of driveway. I won't put my car in gear until all passengers are buckled.

I think it feels weird to not be held securely in my seat, and I'm not exactly setting any lateral gee records.

100% of the time.

I never did when I was younger. Then, my sister rolled over her toyota three times off the freeway, trying to take a quick peek in the back seat for a CD. Car was totalled; she was wearing her belt and came out without a scratch.

Made a believer out of me. That, and reading the words of a highway patrolman in an article on safety, who said that he had never unbuckled a dead man. The implication was that he had seen a few bodies that had flown out of cars, and not survived. Buckling up gives you a better chance of survival.

lets just say not as often as i should...

...and i MAY have software disabled the reminder/warning chime in my car...

Last edited:
I used to never wear one. I grew up when cars didn't even have them. Now I feel naked without it. I wear it 100% of the time.

I don't even back my car out of the garage without the seat belt on. It's so much part of my habit that I always fasten it if the key goes into the ignition. I used to tell me kids that the car won't move without all seat belts fastened. I think they believed me :)

100%.

I have seen a person dead with a belt on... Teenage kids running from the law barrel rolled his car. His head smashed through passenger's side window. Cerebral cortex was out from forehead, obviously fixed and dilated, and gone for good. All for a bunch of nothing. Stupid stuff.

Has others have noted... Fatality percentage goes up very, very dramatically upwards if you are thrown from the vehicle.

Last edited:
100% ever since laws were passed here that you can be fined for not doing so - back in 1987.

As a kid 100% in the vehicle with parents present, if the vehicle had seat belts. There was no other option if you know what I mean.

When I used to do in-town newspaper deliveries I never wore my seat belt. Getting caught especially during click-it-or-ticket season means you lost a days worth of work.

Going way back I never wore my seatbelt when I sat in the rear. With the increased casualties involving backseat riders recently it became law that backseat riders must wear seatbelts. State as also tightened rules on truck bed riders too now.

Last edited:
100% as many others have said. There were no seat belts when I was young of course. My 65 mustang only has lap belts, as well as my64 ranchero. And my model A doesn't have any, and probably never will, but then it never goes over 30 mph and never out of our small town. But the lack of really good brakes is probably more of a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back