Idemitsu 10w30 Racing synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRD

Here is a virgin sample of Idemitsu 10w30 'Racing' blend. It supposed to be a PAO/Ester base which 'exceeds API SM standards.'
BTW, this is a four-stroke formula and not their rotary formula.

http://www.idemitsu-usa.com
http://www.idemitsu.co.jp

Lab: Blackstone

Iron: 1
Copper: 1
Moly: 562
Potassium: 1
Boron: 63
Silicon: 9 (anti-foam additive)
Sodium: 2
calcium: 1696
magnesium: 5
Phosphorus: 576
zinc: 684

sus viscosity @ 210F: 61.2
flashpoint: 485F
TBN: 6.6

Regards,

Well, I emailed these folks, here is my question:

"Is the 5W20 just a racing oil or would it be suitable to use in my family Honda for 5,000 mile oil changes. Is this a full synthetic product?"

Here is the answer:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The 5W20 would work very well in you family Honda. It is 100% synthetic and contains a formulation of high performance additives, which will only enhance your car's performance and engine longevity. Keep me posted on how well it works for you. If you have any other questions, please let me know."

Bryce Egbert
IDEMITSU Racing Development
2041 Rosecrans Avenue, Suite 355
El Segundo, CA 90245
310-563-1934
[email protected]

NO! I am not going to use this in my Honda's. I'm a Pennzoil Platinum man.
grin.gif

Why run a synthetic oil for only 5,000 miles on the street? It defeats the purpose of going synthetic. Today's dino can easily go 5,000 miles and you would save money as well.

Spring, Summer, and Fall, I would agree with you SSDude, but not this winter. When I get up in the morning and it's -8 degrees with a wind chill of -30 degrees the use of synthetic at 5,000 mile intervals does not defeat the purpose.

I know everyone says to start the car and when it builds oil pressure slowly drive off to warm it up. Well, all you boys from the warm climate come on up and you will be letting you cars idle for 30 minutes to warm up the insides before you take off. Nope, 5,000 with synthetic in these winter conditions is not a waste of money, just the opposite. Added protection for this crapy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back