Supertech SM 10W30 Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
No sodium = it's not Mobil 5000.

I believe carpy said the ST oils were the same as regular Mobil Drive Clean, which is now only available as a bulk oil for dealers and oil change shops.

quote:

Originally posted by csandste:
Is this the WPP oil?

Yes - the bottles all have WPP on the bottom down here in South Florida, I have never seen the Supertech with the Mobil style bottles down here.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Virgin oil with Pb = 4. Note that.

Not much of an add pack. Base oil is strong?

My other test done at the same time had Pb = 5 so I think there is a possible contamination or test issue that cannot be ruled out without another test.

quote:

Originally posted by nickmckinney:

quote:

Is this the WPP oil?

Yes - the bottles all have WPP on the bottom down here in South Florida, I have never seen the Supertech with the Mobil style bottles down here.

You've got GF-4/SM rated ST oil in the WPP bottles? That's very interesting. Up here, the regular ST oil is in the XOM bottles and has been since GF-4/SM started showing up on the shelves.

WPP still makes regular SuperTech dino oil.

I have a 5qt. jug where I changed my oil a couple of months ago.

It is ST 10W-30 SM oil,the jug has the WPP on the bottom.

At last check,the quart 5W/10W-30,bottles were still WPP also and SM.

WPP is still making ST dino oil.

I too dont recall seeing the large mouth bottles here either.

The bottles here have always been the regular type each time I have checked.

At one time some of the bottles had the Constar emblem on the bottom but that has been the only change I am aware of.

quote:

Originally posted by motorguy222:
WPP still makes regular SuperTech dino oil.

Maybe in some parts of the US, but where I live the regular ST is made by XOM and comes in the XOM style bottles (both quart size and 5-quart jugs).

In GA, ST GF-4/SM is by WPP, today I was in walmart and at the bottom of the 5 quart bottle, obvious WPP symbol was there.

Ditto, southern California, for "WPP" on the bottom of the bottles and jugs for dino SuperTech SM motor oils. (same shape bottles and jugs as ever, but now blue instead of black and with a new design label)

quote:

Is this the WPP oil?

No. The only ST oils still being made by WPP are the Syn blend and Syn. The rest of the ST lineup is made by ExxonMobil.

Just installed 5 quarts of Super Tech 10w30 Sm GF4 in my old beater 78 pontiac 301 V8 grand prix.

I got it for $5.47 at Walmart In Nebraska while on road trip.

Used Napa gold filter.

Runs fine on this stuff....

I've seen both WPP and the XOM jugs side by side on the shelfs here in New England in various Walmarts

Goose
patriot.gif

In my neck of the woods, the ST Dino in the 1 quart containers are the bright blue EXXON bottles and the 5 QT containers of dino in the dull blue/gray are WPP. The SYN, SYN Blends and HM all seem to be WPP also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back