Motul 300V 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

Moly, moly, moly. Good golly, Miss Molly.
shocked.gif
This is one manly oil. This is no API weakling. Where can you get this stuff? And yes, how much does it cost.

Is this a diesel oil? Is it ACEA A3? I wonder if the high Mg would tend to reduce spark plug life?

I'm running the 5w-30 ( in 4 different vehicles) and my son (until he mowed off a street pole) ran the 10w-40.

I do think this oil is better than the previous version which I think did not have this level of moly.

One thing I didn't like about the 5w-40 was the recommendation not to mix it with the other oils in the series, whilst all the other grades can be mixed.

I noticed that the 5w-30 gave me less valve noise at start-up compare to D1 (flamesuit on).
fruit.gif

RallyJon, are those Mahle filters for Subaru? How do you like them? Where are they made?

RockAuto carries them, and cheap...

No, the Mahle filters are for the 911. The Subaru filters are the tiny ones underneath. The Subaru OEM filters are among the best around, believe it or not.

Has anybody tried mixing the Motul, 5w-40, or otherwise with other oils i.e. Shell Rotella T Synthetic? I'm curious on that.

I'm looking at Mr. Moly also, and that has way more Moly in it, but the thing is, how much Moly do you want to put in? What's the magic#?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back