Pennzoil High Mileage 5w-30 SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to Blackstone for letting us know the situation. I think the whole question about the Pennzoil add pack has now been answered.

Blackstone didn't have to come here and tell us one darned thing--they could have simply re-calibrated the new machine and continued on "business as usual" and not said a word about the differences.

The fact that they did tell us what was up strengthens my belief that they are a great bunch of folks, and I'll be sending in a sample from my Harley to Blackstone in a few short weeks.
wink.gif

Dan

Dear BITOG members,

Thanks for your patience. We have been looking into the differences in additives between our old spectrometer and new spectrometer. We think we have found the main difference.

The new spectrometer came with a different type of nebulizer. We were told by Leeman Laboratories that the new nebulizer would not make a difference, but since this was the only significant difference between the two machines, we went ahead and switched the nebulizer from the old machine to the new machine. Then we ran many test samples, including Pennzoil HM. The different nebulizer did increase the additive levels for the test oils, and it seems to have eliminated the gap between the additives we were reading with the old machine and what we're reading now.

If you still have concerns, please feel free to call us and speak with Ryan Stark or Kristin Huff (260-744-2380).

Thanks again for all your support!

Ryan Stark & Kristin Huff

quote:

Originally posted by Kristin Huff:
The different nebulizer did increase the additive levels for the test oils, and it seems to have eliminated the gap between the additives we were reading with the old machine and what we're reading now.

Does this mean the sample I got tested by Blackstone a couple of weeks ago isn't really accurate as far as additives shown?
confused.gif

Years ago as I was changing oil and refilling I did notice a drastic color change as the oil bottle reached near empty. The color went from honey color to a silver black. I assumed it was additives setteling out. Could this be the problem?

This is interesting there have been report of oils not being in spec. Maybe this is how the 3,000 mile oil change came about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back