UOA 05 PASSAT TDI SCHAEFFER 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can probably go allot longer. I personally would test again in like 8k miles and get tbn and tan, and if all were good change the filter and put in a little makeup oil. Look at my recent analysis using the same oil, I have been going 60k miles on this oil and it has looked about the same as yours the whole time.

Sweet! My concern for the PD motor is iron. Sooo many oils are very hign in iron. Used amsoil eruo rated for 505.01 VW and it is NOT worthy. Lost my cam on the first run of amsoil euro. Gut said to use the diesel oil but I trusted amsoil, MISTAKE!!! Checked out UOA on TDI and Schaeffer was the BEST at the time. Looks like Mobil TDT and Shell Rotella T-6 are also worthy of the TDI PD motor EVEN though they are not rated for VW. Results are what you must rely on not a rating. Always verify what you are buying before needed to replace a camshaft and all of the parts that go with it. Plus oil flushes to get the metal debris out of the engine. So for contrast, just purchased a 04 PD with 238k, guy used good oil, all four intake lobes are worn but not going away due to wrong oil such as euro. Cam kit on order.

Is this the only vehicle you have ran Amsoil? Thats wild how a wrong spec oil caused you to lose a camshaft! If that happened to me id never use Amsoil again. Do you plan on staying with Schaeffers looks like its doing well for you.

Lmao. Cool story.

First run of Amsoil grenaded it? Wow wee. Better avoid it eh?

Originally Posted by Fasteddie10
Sweet! My concern for the PD motor is iron. Sooo many oils are very hign in iron. Used amsoil eruo rated for 505.01 VW and it is NOT worthy. Lost my cam on the first run of amsoil euro. Gut said to use the diesel oil but I trusted amsoil, MISTAKE!!! Checked out UOA on TDI and Schaeffer was the BEST at the time. Looks like Mobil TDT and Shell Rotella T-6 are also worthy of the TDI PD motor EVEN though they are not rated for VW. Results are what you must rely on not a rating. Always verify what you are buying before needed to replace a camshaft and all of the parts that go with it. Plus oil flushes to get the metal debris out of the engine. So for contrast, just purchased a 04 PD with 238k, guy used good oil, all four intake lobes are worn but not going away due to wrong oil such as euro. Cam kit on order.

You two are right on top of this Amsoil problem. Glad you joined MoparMan.

Were you around a few days ago when the big Schaeffer guy was posting?

Originally Posted by MoparMan12
Is this the only vehicle you have ran Amsoil? Thats wild how a wrong spec oil caused you to lose a camshaft! If that happened to me id never use Amsoil again. Do you plan on staying with Schaeffers looks like its doing well for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back