New Mobil 1 R VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now mix M1R half and half or so with M1 15W-50 to bring the viscosity up a little and there you have a killer oil !!!

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
Now mix M1R half and half or so with M1 15W-50 to bring the viscosity up a little and there you have a killer oil !!!

I put four quarts of the 0w30R with one quart of the Truck/suv 5w40 in my Honda CRV at my last change.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Hankrr:

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:

I put four quarts of the 0w30R with one quart of the Truck/suv 5w40 in my Honda CRV at my last change.
grin.gif

What for?

quote:

grin.gif
[/QB]

You put $6+ /qt oil in a Honda and then mixed up the chemistry with a different viscocity, now that is a waste.

quote:

Originally posted by dagmando:

quote:

grin.gif
You put $6+ /qt oil in a Honda and then mixed up the chemistry with a different viscocity, now that is a waste. [/QB]

Well I consider the price of oil as penny's so it's not a waste to me.

I feel mobil-1's 30W a little on the thin side of 30 and chose to thicken it up a bit for the summer run.

Admittedly my CRV likes a thiner oil so I probably will not thicken it up next time.

[ June 25, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Hankrr ]

UOAs would be nice to see how this oil does in the real world. On paper it looks good (TBN 13.5), but how does it really hold up is the question we all would like answered.

Pedro

Is there anyone running M1R willing to have a VOA done on a M1 15W-50/M1R 50/50 mix ??

I think that with the strong additive packages in both oils and more viscosity from the 15W50 it could be the ticket for many Chevy small block engines!!!

WEll or this: If anyone running M1R is willing to send me a quart, I will buy a M1 15W-50 and have Blackstone do a VOA with TBN to post here.

Pls. send me a PM if you are willing to chip the M1R in and I will do and pay for the rest

Originally posted by dagmando:

quote:

You put $6+ /qt oil in a Honda and then mixed up the chemistry with a different viscocity, now that is a waste.

Not only a different visc, but an entirely different base oil formulation. T&SUV is not SuperSyn Base. I've heard 0w oils should not be mixed as well.

Way to dig up 2 year old threads.

But while we're on the subject, "I heard" is anecdoctal evidence and should not be presented as fact.

Mobil 1R is basically sold as a racing oil for PCMO use. Schaeffers is designed for Diesel engines and can be used as a fleet oil. It is API approved for both gas and diesel engines. Mobil 1R is not. Mobil 1R is a rare oil, no longer produced for OTC AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back