Phosphorus 1019ppm
Zinc 1166ppm
Barium 0ppm
SUS Viscosity@210F 78.2
Flashpoint 435F
Insolubles 0.0
TBN 14.0

Interesting, I had read on the net that it was .9%

Is this an educated guess based on additives? If so, I'm impressed.

What is the role of the boron? It seems to have a sizeable dose but very little moly.

I wonder how this would compare against the Pennzoil Longlife 15W-40?

Boron is a multifunctional additive but is primarily used as an Anti-Wear (AW) additive.
It also functions as:
1. A detergent,
2. A Friction Modifier (FM)
3. anti-oxidant
4. anti-corrosive
additive.

Thanks Molakule, I am still trying to learn what the different additives do and what the best combinations are. Boron doesn't seem to be very common. I'm currently trying the Pennzoil Longlife 15W-40 in a old VW Rabbit. After a few oil changes I may try the Motorcraft also,,,, just to see if there's any observable difference.

The most recent versions of Chevron Supreme show both boron and moly. I believe Mobil 1 SS does as well.

I think motorcycle oils contains a lot of borates as they use this where moly is prohibited because of wet clutches.

As a matter of fact, this oil looks like it might be an excellent alternative to specialty (read: overpriced!) cycle oils ... but this is just a guess.
dunno.gif

Quality control seems kinda cruddy, though. look at the aluminum, iron and other contamination.
freak2.gif

--- Bror Jace

That oil looks killer! What's the limit of sulphated ash before the plugs get jacked up in a gas engine?
I might try Penn 15W40 or this one!

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Blackstone Labs, 5-10-04 Update, Motorcraft 15W40 CI-4

Iron-1
Boron-321
Silicon-5
Sodium-1
Calcium-2909
Magnesium-258
Phos-1138
Zinc-1388

[email protected]
Flashpoint-420F
No TBN

Vette,

Did you forget the moly or you left it out because MC uses none?
I think this will be the next oil going into my LS1!

Walmart ... 1.42 a quart .

It can be had in 5 quart jugs from the marketers in the yellow pages .

You might could try adding the Valvoline Synpower additive 1 ounce per quart for some moly or 1/3 bottle or just run as is . The next version of this oil might have moly , time will tell .

The wal marts around here don't carry this stuff anymore.......only the PCMOs.
Any other suggestions!

I could go buy a case and ship it to you .
smile.gif
Probable 12 bucks shipping from just up I-35 from you .
At that point 4 quarts 1300S , two quarts Exxon 20wt makes sense
grin.gif

Yellow pages , any Phillips or Conoco distributor will have it .It's everywhere now .

Ford Dealers have it , might not be priced right though . Some will sell it right , some would rather loose the sale to Walmart .

Moto,
I did some research and found out Ford dealers sell the stuff indeed. I'm expecting a different price though. We shall see!

Moto,
I finally went to a local Ford dealer. I bought me 2 5qt jugs. Total price including tax was $22.96 for the 2 jugs, so that comes out to $2.30/qt. Does that sound like a fair price?
This oil seems to have an awesome additive package, with the only exception being moly. Would it be wise to run 5 qts of the motorcraft oil with one of redline.......or would it be wiser to just run it straight?
You people need to understand that the mixing bug is very hard to supress!
twak.gif
fruit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back