Honda 5W20 Virgin Sample

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I'm just looking for the test results that show that Honda and Superflo are one and the same...

Ok I've got a problem with this b/c I read in several threads that "Genuine Honda" oil is the SAME as "Exxon Superflo"....

Well I did the research and compared this Honda VOA with an Exxon Superflo VOA -- both 5w20... I'm copying the Exxon Superflo VOA below...

These oils look totally different to me!!! So who in the heck came to the conclusion that they are one and the same?

Here is the link to the 5w20 Superflo VOA:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000321

And if Honda and Exxon Superflo turn out to be the same oil....

then I'll be a happy camper
fruit.gif

This was SL oil and not the Newer SM. I believe there is another VOA of more recent SM with the characteristic sodium of newer Exxon/Mobil formulations.

Not sure if it means much but one manufacture I'm familar with "bids" their oil supplier every two years, product label stays the same. Only know this because I know the blender that won and then lost the bid. In the two year period he worked closely with the company to solve some lube related problems they had. Learned it didn't mean much when he was out bid and lost the contract.

I will do a UOA on my stuff on the next OCI. I just changed out my factory fill today and installed an EaO 13 filter. I used Honda Genuine 5W-20. Looks like pretty good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back